cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Security = Norton 360 Standard, Premium or Deluxe

I'm trying to compare what BT are offering with what's on the Norton Security website. As far as I can there are 3 levels of product. Which one is BT offering?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Security = Norton 360 Standard, Premium or Deluxe

Hi, @seagroaa Welcome to the community and thanks for your post.

Check out this link for more info: What protection do you get with BT Virus Protect?

You’ll get online protection to keep your devices - including Android smartphones and tablets, laptops, PCs and Macs - protected from harmful viruses. It will also warn you if you’re about to visit a harmful website or connect to an unsecure network, and it will block unauthorised traffic to your computer - protecting your information from cyber criminals.

You’ll also get the following new features:

• PC SafeCam (Windows PC only): Your webcam lets you keep in close contact with family, friends or colleagues, but can be vulnerable to attack and may give cybercriminals the potential to view into your home, your daily routine, and personal information. PC SafeCam alerts you to attempts to access your webcam and helps you block unauthorised access to it.
  • SMS Security (Android only): Helps keep you and your Android device safer from texts with phishing links. It helps identity SMS text messages with unsafe links and notifies you, to help prevent you from inadvertently clicking on them and potentially putting your personal information at risk. 
  • Protection Report Card: A summary of all the activities that have been performed to help protect your device and information stored on it in the last 30 days.
  • App Advisor (Android only): Proactively helps protect your Android smartphone against mobile online threats like malware, ransomware, adware and privacy leaks, using a patent-protected app-scanning technology.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

@seagroaawrote:

I'm trying to compare what BT are offering with what's on the Norton Security website. As far as I can there are 3 levels of product. Which one is BT offering?

'You can install BT Virus Protect on up to 2 or 15 PCs, depending on the number of licences you have.'
'Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited and Superfast Fibre Halo come with 15 BT Virus Protect licences.'
Upgrades are available.

https://www.bt.com/help/security/anti-virus-software/what-is-bt-virus-protect-and-how-do-i-get-it-#c...

TTS 2.gif

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Thanks, NeilO, but could you please try harder to give a useful answer rather than just a copy and paste from the BT help page.

It's obvious that taking up the BT offering doesn't give us exactly the same thing as any available purchase from Norton. Can you find enough information to let us identify the third party malware detection test reports (if any) that apply to what we get through BT? 

The Norton 360 advertising says: "... a Norton expert is available to help keep your device virus-free or give you a refund". Do we get anything comparable with BT Virus Protect?

Norton 360 works for iOS devices, why not BT Virus Protect?

So far as I can see the Norton 360 packages come as standard with, in effect, 1, 5 or 10 licence points and that a phone or tablet uses up a point just the same as a PC or Mac. Does BT Virus Protect count phones and tablets on a par with computers in the same way? That would make the option of 15 licence points look like something a lot of households may need.

The package provided as BT Virus Protect comes from Norton (a Great improvement on McAfee, IMO) but must have been tailored. Can we be assured that it uses the same virus definitions as Norton 360 updated at the same time and can we be assured that code updates are delivered to BT Virus Protect users as soon as to paying Norton customers? Prompt updating is, of course, essential to effective anti-malware provision so these questions are far from trivial.