cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Unable to switch to Norton password manager

Go to solution

I've been attempting to switch to Norton Password Manger for two days now after receiving a letter.

I have followed all the instructions provided and the advice provided in a support chat to no avail.

The closest I got was the login page which then redirected to an error page saying the resource had been deleted/moved...

I write software for a living and I'm finding this situation extremely frustrating to the point I'm wondering why I don't go with a significantly cheaper alternative and pay separately for any extras I use.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Unable to switch to Norton password manager

Go to solution

This happens on the Norton Password Manager on Android 10 and the extension on Google Chrome Linux.

The message I get after having logged into my BT account is as follows:

damiandixon_0-1642492680883.png

The above is consistent across all the platforms I have tried.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @damiandixon welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm really sorry to see you're having issues changing over to Norton.

Is your BT ID in the format of an email address or just a string of text?

There was a campaign a number of years ago with pop-ups when you logged into MyBT asking to change your username to an email address and if that hasn't been done it can now cause problems. 

If it's not an email address I'd recommend that you log into MyBT click on Your details then Edit username.

Once it's in the format of an email address you shouldn't have any further problems. Post back and let me know if that works.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @NeilO,

Yes my BT ID is just a series of letters rather than an email address.

It is still in this form because I gave up trying to update it too an actual email address years ago.

I get the following warning and am unable to continue:

'This Recovery email should not match with BT username.'

The email address is valid and is my gmail one. Its the same address BT emails me at.

I use as few email accounts as possible so that I don't miss anything important.

Regards, Damian

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @NeilO 

I now have my login as by bt email, which I don't use.

My recovery is my gmail.

Now all my bills and communication will now go to my bt email address.

I now need to use a third email address to shufffle round the email addresses so that I get the bills and communication emails to the correct one.

This is probably one of the reasons I gave up before.

Regards, Damian

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @NeilO 

I've re-arranged my email addreses and I believe I've set up Norton Password Manager.

Thanks for the help

Regards, Damian