I have tried upgrading the BT Virus checker to Norton as instructed, but am getting an error as follows "The source you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.". After a bit of rooting around am told this is because my BT Id is not my email address - I set it up many years ago. I then tried to change my id to my BT email address to be told that this already existed. Of course it does, but only as my email address not my BT id. This is obviously a programming error. Does anybody know how to get round it. I could of course set op a gmail address and use that but that would be more complex since I would end up with a complicated email address whilst my BT address is simple. I'd rather not. Help!
Oh that is so familiar. Same prob, handed control of my PC to BT engineer and supposed to have been sorted, no chance. Still got McAfee on thank God but can't get shut of the remnants of Norton and it keep popping stuff up. Bag of nails if you ask me. Roll on contract end. Won't wear me as the Account Holder for some things but will for others, e.g. taking my money.
No. I just have my BT id used everywhere, except my email where I use my email address. It seems to me this is just an error in the program used to update the BT id where it seems to think the BT email address is some sort of linked I'd, which is pretty stupid when you are being asked to change your Id to your email address.