cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: When did BT announce that WIN7 was no longer acceptable platform for BTCloud

BT have a very poor record in terms of customer comms in my experience, I suspect this is just another in a long line of mistakes.

There are plenty of threads on the forum about missing updates for small changes and emails that were supposed to be sent to customers but did not arrive.

I do think the writing is on the wall for BT Cloud, which is a shame considering the expansion of a deal BT have done with Amazon AWS, the global storage giants. Would have been nice if they could have linked something up as part of it.

Maybe they have and forgot to send the comms...  

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 16

Re: When did BT announce that WIN7 was no longer acceptable platform for BTCloud

Much to the ire of a lot of people, me included, BT don't believe in communicating which is pretty ironic seeing as they are a communications company.
What harm it would do to follow the standard practice of publishing release notes with new versions of software I have no idea, I can only think that they've never heard the term 'good practice', either that or they don't understand/respect it.

Message 13 of 16

@speedtrip wrote:

Sigh ... one of the most pompous responses I've ever seen.

The fact that BT didnt announce withdrawal is the point of this Thread.

So why did you ask the question in your first post "Why has this been done - OK, MicroSoft dropped Support for WIN7 some tim eback - but it runs well - even gets AntiVirus MS SE updates    ... so why is it suddenly not good enough for BtCloud "

Message 14 of 16

Why does this thread remind me of a protracted wimbledon rally?

Time to lay it to rest unless you want to revert to the "is this a ten minute argument or did you pay for the full half hour" scenario.

Oh, and if I did misquote Mr Cleese don't bother to correct me, start a new thread!😂

Message 15 of 16

@RobinP wrote:

Why does this thread remind me of a protracted wimbledon rally?

Time to lay it to rest😂

That there had been no activity for 10 days suggests that the thread might already have been at rest until you decided to revive it.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Message 16 of 16

"oh no I didn't"...... 🤣🤣

0 Ratings