cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 23

Wi-Fi Access to 5 million BT Hotspots!

Go to solution

Am a BT Broadband Customer and supposedly have access to 5 million wifi hotspots but can't log in on the BT App, it's useless! 

0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23

Re: Wi-Fi Access to 5 million BT Hotspots!

Go to solution

Have you tried to login to your BTWIFI from your own hub using your  BTID and password?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 23

Go to solution

No, why would I want to do that?

I'm talking about when I am away from home I should be able to access the millions of BT WIFI Hotspots from my mobile via the Bt App.

I have raised a complaint with BT and someone called Rory from Enniskillen has just closed it without resolving the problem, how does that work? 

Completely useless.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 23

Go to solution

Have you downloaded and installed the BTWifi App. It is different from the MyBT App.

See BTWifi Help pages.

Get wireless Internet | Find wi-fi hotspots | BT Wi-Fi (btwifi.co.uk)

To access this service, you must download the BT Wi-Fi app as directed during the set-up process for the BT Mobile app. Download it here:

BT Wi-fi on the App Store (apple.com)

BT Wi-fi - Apps on Google Play

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 23

Go to solution

I am using the BT Wifi App but it does not let me log onto Bt Wifi.

Keeps saying I cannot log in but I am using my BTID and password.

It's all so confusing all these passwords. log-ins etc etc I am sure it is done to discourage customers from using these hotspots, BT aren't daft, dangle a carrot then make it impossible to reach.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 23

Go to solution

@chudofbroadywrote:

To verify your logon credentials.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 23

Go to solution

There is nothing wrong with my credentials thank you very much, BT won't let me access the 5 million wifi hotspots, simplez.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 23

Go to solution

@chudofbroady wrote:

You would do that because if you can login to your own BTWIFI then you know you have everything correct to sign in when out and about.  You can do this in comfort of your own home and knowing the signal strength is very good.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 23

Go to solution

Okay just tried that and connect fine albeit at a slower speed.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 23

Go to solution

@chudofbroady wrote:

It's all so confusing all these passwords. log-ins etc etc I am sure it is done to discourage customers from using these hotspots, BT aren't daft, dangle a carrot then make it impossible to reach.

Why on earth would BT want to discourage you or any other of their customers from using the BTWifi hotspots. They do not cost BT anything to offer the system because virtually all the hotspots wifi signals are transmitted from the BT hubs within the homes of BT customers.

0 Ratings