cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 23

Re: Wi-Fi Access to 5 million BT Hotspots!

Go to solution

So BT are not the providers of the 5 million hotspots it's the customers, well those who can access the hotspots via the BT Wifi app, unfortunately I can't.

So although BT are happy to take my money they don't care about making the wifi hotspots available because they don't provide them, right?

How can BT advertise a product they are not in control of?

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 23

Go to solution

So I complained to BT about no wifi access and they have just closed my case without resolving it AND I cannot reply to their emails! What a load of old twaddle.

They gave me a number to call and yes you've guessed it they are BUSY and I am on hold, so no surprise there. What a shocking service they are providing absolutely NO CUSTOMER SERVICE at all.

0800 022 3322  nobody there just awful music sending me crazy, coming up to 25 minutes wait time now! is it just one person in the call centre in India reading waffle off scripts?

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 23

Go to solution

How do BT get away with just abandoning customers once they have your hard earned cash?

I've waited that long I have grown a beard, the kids have left school and my retirement beckons.

Just spoke to a clown called James who again doesn't want to fix my problem, BT are a total disgrace!

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 23

Go to solution

I suggest that you read the following link that might give you an insight into what BTWifi is.

What is BT Wi-fi and how do I get it? | BT Help

Because the vast majority of the BTWifi hotspots are transmitted from BT customers BT hubs it is entirely up to each person whether or not their BT hub transmits the signal and in return for allowing their hub to be used as a hotspot they can use other BTWifi hotspots free of charge.

As previously stated, BT customers can opt out of allowing their hub to be used for BTWifi. It is also the case that if the BTWifi signal becomes faulty from a particular hotspot BT have no way of knowing there is a problem with the BTWifi signal from a particular hotspot or compelling the customer to allow BT access to their BT hub to fix the problem.

As you stated " connect fine albeit at a slower speed"  when asked if you can connect to your own BTWifi signal from your own BT hub it would appear that the method in which you are connecting is obviously working so it may be that the hotspot(s) you were/are trying to connect to is not working correctly and as such it is not allowing any connections and you may want to try one of the remaining 4,999,998 hotspots.

I will now leave you to allow your beard to grow even longer and for you to enjoy your retirement with happy visits from your kids as they either move onto higher education or gainful employment.

Message 15 of 23

Go to solution

So in conclusion BT Wifi is **bleep**, simplez.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 23

Go to solution

I find BTWIFI works without a problem and it seems odd that you can get connected to the BTWIFI network on your own hub but cannot connect when out and about.  Are you using iPhone or Android 

Have you tried connecting to BTWIFI when out without using the app?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 23

Go to solution

@chudofbroady wrote:

So in conclusion BT Wifi is **bleep**, simplez.

That is your conclusion not that of the many people who use it successfully day in and day out.

I suspect that there is user error involved especially because you have stated that you managed to connect to your own BTWifi signal.

Message 18 of 23

Go to solution

Yes it is MY and millions of others conclusion.

I have paid for BT wi-fi and cannot access it and nobody at BT can fix is, is interested or cares.

But of course like all the other major players they are very quick to take my money, shame they dont provide the service I pay for but not unexoected.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 23

Go to solution

Why would I try to connect to Bt wifi without the app? Whats the point in having an APP?

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 23

Go to solution

Instead of being cast-off by BT I have even attempted to complain to the ombudsman that's another process that is not straight forward and so time consuming. There should just be one page where you enter your complaint, cilick and send button and job done. I don't want to be bogged down with usernames and passwords that are irrelevant and play no part of my complaint. All this is done to dissuade paying customers from complaining when they don't get what they pay for.

0 Ratings