cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Xbox game pass scam?

Hi this afternoon about 4pm I got an email from bt saying that my subscription to Xbox game pass has been added to my account when I requested no such thing and don't want game pass. After reading other people's posts on here I've logged in to my bt changed password and added 2 step verification then cancelled the game pass subscription. But how do I get a refund from bt for the 1 month game pass subscription that I didn't ask for. Many thanks 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Xbox game pass scam?

Exactly the same situation today (Merry christmas BT). Seems to be hitting everyone. Only hope that this is a BT error and not a much larger hack. Hoping they get in touch on here to resolve but as most people have said, it won't be asap due to xmas break.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Yeah it may be a while due to Xmas. There are posts on here about this happening going back st least 4 months.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

@Sm6434wrote:
Only hope that this is a BT error and not a much larger hack.

Most 'hacks' are the result of people who use the same email and password on multiple sites, one of them was breached with the data being shared publically or sold for as little as 1p per person.
If you are someone who uses the same logins on multiple sites, I'd advise going around and changing the password on them all, if possible also change the email address because that can form 1 part of the login credentials with some websites.

Always use 2FA (2-factor authentification) where supported and have strong passwords to prevent future issues.

@Sm6434wrote:
Hoping they get in touch on here to resolve but as most people have said, it won't be asap due to xmas break.

Don't wait for the forum team, they're here as a last resort when all options have been tried, BT are open every single day of the year, get in touch as soon as you can and report it.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for the advice I have now set 2 stage verification and changed passwords and will contact bt asap

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Had exactly the same happen to us today. I had an email thanking us for adding it to our bill - thought it was likely a spam email but logged in separately to check and low and behold it is added to our bill at £10 a month. I've toggled the option off, changed password and added 2 step authentication to the account. I've tried to contact BT but got through all the options to be told they're closed.

From looking at the posts on here today, we are not alone and I can only hope BT will work to resolve this when they are back in the office or I fear they are likely to lose a significant amount of customers! 

0 Ratings