cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Xbox gamepass hacked bt account

Go to solution

Hi,
I've woken up today to find I have been subscribed to the monthly Xbox game pass!I’m not a gamer at all so I’ve accessed my account which said it looked like my account had been compromised so changed passwords etc and cancelled the subscription but I don’t want to be charged for this as it’s not me and I don’t want who ever has set this up to have access for a whole month!!!! 

I can’t get through to anyone via my account or on the phone. Please can someone look into this and fix it on my account and shut the subscription down. 

Thanks Lisac1

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Xbox gamepass hacked bt account

Go to solution

this is a customer help customer forum and your posts do not go to BT  the forum mods who are BT employees may read your post 

There are are posts identical to yours so you have changed your password but did you activate 2 step ID authentication

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi, yes I have set up 2 step, I didn’t realise this was not monitored by BT as saw previous posts were responded to so thought it might help. I’ll just contact them tomorrow as it’s closed today. Thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

@Lisac1 

you can try the billing team who may be able to help  there are BT staff 03301234150 today between 10-4

https://www.bt.com/help/contact-bt/account-and-billing/broadband

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

That was super helpful, couldn’t find this option when I was looking, it has now been resolved. Thank you!! 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

I too had a notification a couple of weeks ago when logging in saying my account may have been compromised and to set up 2FA,  xbox wasn't added but it is concerning seeing all of these messages of people saying the same about random packages being added and that accounts have been compromised ? Have BT been hacked in some way ??

0 Ratings