cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

complaints

i emailed bt complaining about supposed to be free btprotect but bt wanted to charge for this service

my email was returned the wrong department so I set myself up as manager of another users account

got btid as this user struggles with email and internet

the login page says service pending it has been like this for a week and cannot access it

all I want to do is complain about charging a struggling pensioner who cannot afford any more charges for what is supposed to be free service for nuisance calls

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: complaints

from your post I assume it is BT call protect and not BT protect which is anti virus

Have you followed the BT pages

https://www.bt.com/landline/calling-features/?s_cid=con_FURL_callprotect

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 10

link doesn't really help just shows how wonderful the product is

but does not get away from the fact that bt wants to charge extra every month 

for a service that they say is free and I still can log in with my managed bt id

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

I think it depends what you expect call protect to do.  you can blacklist numbers that call you or you can if you have digital voice , block withheld numbers, international calls and unrecognised numbers - all for free.

however if that is not sufficient for you then you really need to purchase a phone that has call blocking built in and made for that purpose

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 10

call protect would do exactly what I wanted without buying more phones

but I rang bt 3 times to activate it and on 3rd attempt, they informed me it would cost an extra £4 per month to activate the service so it is not free also my bt id login to manage someone else bt account says pending so cant log in and cant complain to bt.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Call protect is free, it's been free since being launched.
Call protect with the advanced features like VIP numbers is chargeable.

Message 7 of 10

well it was not free when i phoned bt tried 3 times to activate bt protect finally on 3rd call 

bt advisor said it was free but if we activate it today then there will be a charge of £4 monthly

on top of already excessively high bills

so not free

I am only trying to block one regular sales call from credit company so not VIP number 

just annoying telemarketing

I have a similar service with talk talk which is free and works well no extra charges

but sadly this is not the case with bt

and login still says pending

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

bt is just greedy

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

@keitht1958 

I don't know what is wrong with your account but call protect is free so you need to get your account problems solved and you will then get the basic call protect for free.  this is normally found in your MYBT

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

I can't get in my bt manage partners bt account when I try to login it says pending been like this for 10 days tried resetting pass still pending

0 Ratings