cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: why am I now being forced to have an EE hotspot when I contracted for full fibre into my house?

Go to solution
If there are more people than me on one of these hotspots do I get the same security and speeds as on my home BT wifi? I specifically moved up to full fibre into my home on the (perhaps mistaken) impression that no-one else would be on it. That is much more my concern than changing my already satisfactory arrangements for out and about.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 16

Re: why am I now being forced to have an EE hotspot when I contracted for full fibre into my house?

Go to solution
Moreover, EE has started marking my phone SIM as EE in the settings when it is in fact the SIM from the third party supplier.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 16

Go to solution

You appear to be thinking that turning off BT WiFi will turn off your Internet access. That isn't the case. BT/EE WiFi has nothing to do with your main WiFi, it is an additional service that will have no impact at all on your Full Fibre connection. As @Crimliar said, if you opt out it simply means that you lose access to hotspots while out & about & as @licquorice said, there are no costs or savings involved.

It nw seems that your original post about phone service was in fact a mobile phone. There is no connection whatsoever between your home broadband & your mobile phone.

I can only assume that you use a virtual network operator that uses EE to provide service. EE haven't invaded your phone & taken control of it.

As for “I am using the home access method the BT instructions told me to use.", I have no idea what that means.

Message 14 of 16

Go to solution
Thanks to all the contributors to this discussion which has reassured me on some key points, notably not being forced to have/be an EE hotspot Clearly the advantages and disadvantages of EE wifi hotspots remain unanswered and will differ according to users needs but that is a minor and academic concern for me now I'm reassured about access to - yes, my virtual network operator - after I opt out from EE wifi.
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 16

Go to solution

@counterproductivewrote:
Clearly the advantages and disadvantages of EE wifi hotspots remain unanswered...

No, @Crimliar explained that to you.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 16

Go to solution
As I have said the advantages and disadvantages depend on what one is trying to achieve. I recognise (thanks to their help) the advantages perceived by my respondents but I see no discussion of the security and speed issues I mentioned. I do not seek to prolong this discussion and this is my final contribution. Thanks once again to all.
0 Ratings