cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 29

Additional Eurosport pop up channels

Go to solution

WBD announced  on Wednesday that there would be seven pop up linear  TV channels for the Olympics available on its partner TV platforms.

I presume EETV will have these linear channels ?

Unforfunately WBD communication suggest not but that SKY and Virgin Media will.

Is this an oversight ?

0 Ratings
28 REPLIES 28
Message 2 of 29

Re: Additional Eurosport pop up channels

Go to solution

@DarrenDev might be able to shed more light on this when he's next around.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 29

Go to solution

I beleive the release did say they would be in the Discoivery+ app along with every live feed from the games - but not everyone has access to the app.

Did they forget that there is a Eurosport 4K channels too which WDB likes to provide to everyone except WDB customers.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 29

Go to solution
They will all be available on all EE TV platforms in HD, for no additional charge for all customers on one of our current TV subscription packages (including entertainment).
Message 5 of 29

Go to solution

Thank you @DarrenDev  for clarifying. Good to have the channels on the EPG  as the discovery+ navigation  can be tortuous at times,

Reading WBD communication on linear TV 

On linear TV, Eurosport 1 and Eurosport 2 will broadcast wall-to-wall action across every day of competition, with live coverage from 7am -10.30pm daily, totalling 350 live hours, with highlights and replays available through the night. Both Eurosport 1 and 2 will be available on discovery+, so too will seven event-curated Eurosport ‘pop-up’ channels. These dedicated Olympic channels will also be available on a variety of Warner Bros. Discovery partner TV and streaming platforms. 

There will of course be BBC coverage although they appear to be contractually restricted to two simultaneous live streams , one on a main linear Channel.

discovery+, the Streaming Home of the Olympics, will give fans access to all 10,500 athletes and 329 medal moments, with 3,800 hours of live coverage via an extensive network of 55+ live channel feeds, delivering the most comprehensive Olympics broadcast offer across the UK & Ireland.

The WBD communication did indicate that the opening and closing ceremonies would be in HDR on discovery +.

Not seen yet any indication of 4K coverage that would be available , although the host broadcaster Olympic  Broadcasting Service are producing coverage in UHD.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 29

Go to solution
There won't be any 4K or HDR content from Eurosport on EE TV for the Olympics. I can't comment on what they may offer in the discovery+ app.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 29

Go to solution

I suspect the answer to what we can expect on discovey+  is  that WBD has opted to broadcast its coverage in HD HDR.

So we’re reliably informed by our technical teams that to ensure we could surface the entire Olympic Games, we should choose HD HDR.”

Message 8 of 29

Go to solution
As long as I get to see all the Rugby Sevens matches in strict chronological order that will be a big improvements on previous Olympics and will do me.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 29

Go to solution

@DarrenDev Can you please clarify whether EETV customers with a package that does not normally include access to Eurosport 1 & 2 (Entertainment & Big Entertainment) will be given access for the duration of the Olympics, or are they just being given access to the additional linear channels?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 29

Go to solution
Yes, Eurosport 1 and 2 will also be included for Entertainment and Big Entertainment subscribers for the Olympics.