cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 34

Apple TV app

We have an EE TV Box with nearly all Featured Apps readily available. But neither YouTube nor, most importantly, Apple TV are there. According to the posts on this thread https://community.bt.com/t5/EE-TV-YouView/EE-TV-Box-Available-Apps/td-p/2400595 it should be there. Any suggestions? Thanks. Iain

0 Ratings
33 REPLIES 33
Message 2 of 34

Re: Apple TV app

I think they are the most recent additions to the available apps. Have you tried a software update?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 34

Yes just tried. It tells me that I have the most up to date software. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 34

Which box have you got? Is it a Pro tv box?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 34

Both of those apps are only available on the Pro box. This is the one with the circular BT or EE logo button on the middle and is a wireless box. If you have an older box with the strip lights then it is not available and is unlikely to be so in future.

I would call customer services and look to upgrade your box if those are important to you

Message 6 of 34

@Manatarms84 We can’t take it for granted that they have an EETV subscription. Since the Youview forum was closed, we have more and more people coming on here asking for help. They tend to ask for help with older boxes, and they don’t always readily admit that they aren’t a subscriber. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 34

@Brucemeister5 

@IJMR says he has an EE TV box; we refugees from the YouView community tend to say ‘YouView box’.

But even an EE TV box does not indicate an EE TV subscription; they are readily available through unofficial channels.

‘Update apps’ on these boxes, whatever we call them, does nothing, and has done nothing for a long time now.

But if there are new apps to load, ‘Update Software’ should bring them in.

Boxes that won’t load the latest apps are usually to be found running trial software; we do need @IJMR to clarify his/her status, and the provenance of this EE TV box.

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
Message 8 of 34

Apple TV+ can be accessed via the Apple TV app on TV Box Pro or TV Box Mini.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 34

@Midnight_Voice My initial thought was that it could be a Pro box acquired via unofficial channels and that a software update would fix it. 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 34

@Brucemeister5 

Yes, indeed so; and if had been a trials box and never factory reset (or in some cases, even if it had, taps side of nose) it wouldn’t take a regular update.

We must see what @IJMR comes back with; there are ways to get these things motoring again 😛

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings