cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 26

Apple TV+ is available free of charge for three months to try

Updated the BT TV app at 0800 this morning via play store. Noted the above change log. 

Can't find it in the app or online at MyBT though.

Tempting

25 REPLIES 25
Message 2 of 26

Re: Apple TV+ is available free of charge for three months to try

There’s no update for the BT TV iOS app yet. I notice that there are help pages on bt.com which appear to suggest that the app will indeed be appearing on Apple TV. Perhaps @stereohaven will be able to confirm. As for the free trial of Apple TV+ it’s normally for new customers only. As it’s 1st October tomorrow I wonder if changes will happen then, but then again it is Sunday.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 26

I can't 100% confirm anything @Brucemeister5 (as in I really don't know rather than I do and I just can't say 😂), but I think we have seen enough rumours now (some reflected in threads on here), to be reasonably sure that:

1. Some sort of EE TV experience will be available on an Apple TV 4K
  2. New apps are coming to the BT TV Pro box (well, YouTube for sure)

Whether or not this also means Apple TV+ (the app), will come to the BT TV Pro box or if this a promotion perhaps tied to the new service on an Apple TV 4K box, remains to be seen.

Annoyingly, Sky customers have just been offered access to another 6 month free trial of Apple TV+. As an Apple One subscriber, I am seriously considering dropping the bundle to reduce costs and take advantage some of these special trials!

P.S. The important note here is that the Apple TV 4K supports Dolby Vision whereas the BT TV Pro box does not (as far as we know). If you have a compatible TV, watching content like SEE or Foundation in Dolby Vision with Dolby Atmos  via an Apple TV 4K is an outstanding experience.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | BT TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 26

Ok, thanks. That was badly worded on my part in my haste to get out with the dog. I was just wondering if you were able to confirm that the BT TV app has appeared on Apple TV yet. As an Apple One subscriber myself I would be unable to take up the BT offer if it is restricted to new Apple TV+ customers only. I’d be disappointed if the Apple TV+ app does not appear on the BT Pro boxes though. That would mean that I would not need to rely upon my Fire tv 4K stick, although I do get Dolby Vision on there.

Message 5 of 26

Ah OK.

The BT TV app for Apple TV 4K is there, has been for years. I can’t see any reference to changes relating to EE and there is no sign of an EE app of any description.

I haven’t found any reference to a trial for Apple TV+ in the BT TV app or anywhere else to be honest.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | BT TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 6 of 26

Here's a screenshot from the Google play store 

1000004921.jpg

Message 7 of 26

@stereohaven how did you hear about the YouTube app on BT Pro box ? This is good news if it’s happening. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 26

I shared rumours on the upcoming rebrand and some updates in this thread. 

————————————————————-
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 26

All it looks like the change log is totally inaccurate.....so far

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 26

BT have had previous for releasing info before its due, and I am not sure how long it will take before the plans are fully revealed officially.

We won't know until it's released knowing BT..

0 Ratings