Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 37

First details on EE TV starting to emerge

Go to solution

Caveat as usual that this isn't confirmed but Mark has exceptional sources:

BT UK Preps Pay TV Rebrand to EE TV with Free Multi-Room 

Credible sources have informed ISPreview that broadband ISP and mobile operator EE, as part of BT’s ongoing work to turn the provider into their “flagship brand for our consumer customers” (here), are preparing to rebrand the BT TV service to EE TV and re-launch it alongside free multi-room support, while also adding YouTube.

The most exciting nugget to me is this one as Apple TV is proper kit, although I wouldn't want an EE branded version:

The EE TV brand will be put on Apple products via an exclusive new partnership, thus customers will be able to access the EE TV service via Apple TV boxes too.

I suspect more nuggets will leak out over the coming weeks as they ramp up to launch.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Tags (3)
36 REPLIES 36
Message 2 of 37

Re: First details on EE TV starting to emerge

Go to solution
Out of curiosity ... why wouldn't you want an EE branded version?
Message 3 of 37

Go to solution

To be honest @DarrenDev , I don't like the EE brand logo or colours, so the thought of it being applied to the front of an Apple TV, which is a beautiful, minimalist design just doesn't work for me.

If the EE logo is added to the top in the sort of monochrome as the Apple logo is, I don't think it would be a problem.

Plus I have 3 Apple TVs in the house, so I would want to add the services to them rather than buy a new one, even if it was included in the contract. Seems a waste.

————————————————————-
Message 4 of 37

Go to solution
Ahhh you mean physical branding of the box. Understood.
No doubt you've already seen the leaked images of the new EE hub - would you not want your Apple TV to look like a gravestone, to match? 😜
Message 5 of 37

Go to solution

Yep, sorry that wasn’t clear. 

That said, I remember the OS of the original EETV, my retinas can’t do that again!

I kind of like the look of the new hub, connect and extender to be honest, but you are right, it does look like a grave stone! 

————————————————————-
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 37

Go to solution

Not that I don't like this deal, but what exactly do you guys think will happen with our BT TV Pro or BT TV Mini boxes? Will they stop working once BT TV is rebranded as EE TV and then we will have to have a new box? :c

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 37

Go to solution
BT TV Pro and BT TV Mini boxes are still our flagship boxes and will remain as such after the rebrand.
Message 8 of 37

Go to solution

ok, nice! I kinda like the BT TV Pro box, it's the first ever box that has actually just worked for me with no slowdowns or errors of any kind (Not that I've had any TV beyond freeview before lol), plus it looks cool too. 🙂

Message 9 of 37

Go to solution

Will BTTV continue as an App (may be renamed) with TNT Sports available on it? 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 37

Go to solution
TNT Sports will be available in the BT TV and BT Sport apps from July 18th. That's unrelated to anything happening with EE.
As for the future of the apps ... they'll be around for a while to come - if they're not, I'll not have a job anymore (so I'd like to think someone would let me know if that was going to change 😀).