cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 18

Apple TV trial

I noticed that there was a trial available for Apple TV, signed up assuming the App would appear but so nothing. 
Is this something to do with having a Sony TV or have I missed a step somewhere along the line?

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Re: Apple TV trial

Your subscription has absolutely nothing to do with app availability. You'll need to check if you're BT Youview box and TV have the AppleTV app available for them 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 18

@Johannis 

You mentioned ‘Sony TV’.

If you are expecting Apple TV to appear on your Sony TV by dint of it having YouView, then no it won’t, as the YouView on Sony TVs is but a pale shadow of YouView on YouView boxes.

On the other hand, if you have a proper YouView box that you are expecting should have a trial of Apple TV on it, then what TV the box is feeding shouldn’t make any difference.

However, if you are on a trial, you will have signed an NDA, and should only talk about it in the trials group, and never in this public Community.

Though perhaps you just mean a free trial of the Apple TV service, offered by Apple? In which case, you can only take advantage of it if you have a device which supports Apple TV, and YouView boxes don’t.

For Sony TVs though, is yours in this list?

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00252946#

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber, but with a few issues still to be ironed out ***
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 18

An NDA? Who am I keeping this secret from. Surely everyone gets this offer on in their mybt page?

also what is a proper you view box? Mine came from bt?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 18

Ignore the NDA statement as that's a new term that the poster has learnt recently.

Do you have a Pro Box from BT or EE or another version @Johannis ? 

Check with Sony as to whether AppleTV is available through their app store as you may need to download it..

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 18

Thanks, the box came from bt, I’ve had this one for 18months or so? I don’t think it’s a pro box?

The tv is now 6 years old do I suspect Sony’s updates don’t extend to this model?

I think this isn’t going to work for me?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 18

@Johannis 

I just checked my My BT, and I have no such offer. Not surprising though, as offers are often selective.

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber, but with a few issues still to be ironed out ***
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 18

@NigelB72 

I found that insulting. Are you and I going to have a problem?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 18

@Johannis 

I gave you a list; if you find the model of your TV, which should be on a label on the back of it, and will also appear in the Settings somewhere, you can check if it supports Apple TV or not.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 18

That depends on whether you want to answer users questions or throwing around terms like NDA's?. Why would he be under an NDA embargo for a subscription that's freely available? 

0 Ratings