cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

BT EE TV Activation Today

Go to solution

Hey all.

My EE TV Activation was supposed to be today and I am using the EE TV Pro Box in Internet Mode only, at the moment I am getting an error message IPC6023 which means the box is not getting its Multicast Packets, where as that could be an issue anyway I assume that message will be there if the service is not activated?

Reason I ask is that I know it says that activation can take up until midnight but is this common? My Broadband went live before 8am on its activation day few weeks back so should I really wait until midnight before resetting stuff? The image below shows that there is no green tick in the round circle so I assume its not working because its not activated right?

naylor2006_0-1707233190474.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: BT EE TV Activation Today

Go to solution
It wouldn't normally take until midnight, but a fault can't be raised until after then.
As you already have an open complaint regarding your service, you're scheduled to receive a callback from the complaints team tomorrow. You could wait for them to call you, or call in tomorrow morning if it's still not working.

One other thing ... is it all channels reporting that error? We know TNT Sports 1 is currently down, so if that was the channel you were testing with, then it's worth trying others to be sure.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution

Is this with a BT Hub or the Ubiquiti? If the latter, try the Hub.

Also try preview channel 330 as that doesn't require an active subscription.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

Haha you remember me.

yes it’s with Ubiquity however I also tried the hub and same problem. The Ubiquity is showing that there is no multicast packets coming in from the ONT.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

If it's still not working in the morning, probably best to reinstall the Hub until BT have sorted it.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

Its all channels that arent working, all report that same Multicast based error. This is with the BT Hub and after factory resetting the TV Box.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

Just left the BT Hub plugged in all evening, factory reset the TV Box along with powering down the ONT for 5 minutes.

Still no TV, same Multicast based error. IPC6023.

My order still doesnt suggest that the BT TV has been activated, theres no tick next to it, maybe theres a problem.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

Just tried channel 330, doesn’t work either, same error ipc6023 on BT Hub.

The Ubiquity is handy because it will show Multicast packets if there is any and there is none coming in on the WAN, so considering that and the BT Hub doesn’t work I’ll need to wait.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

Hi @naylor2006,

Thank you for updating the thread. I'm sorry your EE TV hasn't been correctly activated. If you send me your details, I'll be able to take a look at your order and run a few tests on your line.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

The suggestion to leave the Hub in place while discussing with BT was just to make the process smoother. They will probably need to interrogate it during the process & if they can't see it, may refuse to assist further.

0 Ratings