cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT Old YouView Box not responding

My parents have a BT old youview box that was working ok 2 days ago, they now have a couple of problems, 

1, box will not respond to remote

2, when box turns on only bbc1 or 2 is displayed take forever for pic to be displayed

3, box very slow to respond even pressing home button on top of box over 30 sec to respond

have rebooted box several times, reset remote but that dosent always work, replaced batteries in remote, rebooted hub, checked ethernet cable etc all ok

Any thoughts or do I have to raise a fault via 150

TIA

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Old YouView Box not responding

Sounds like it's died tbh. If they have an active BT TV subscription, raise a fault and they'll replace it.

Message 3 of 6

Hi @leccyhead you could try a factory reset using the process described here, but if the box is an old one, there may be a physical disk error or other problem causing the issue so please go ahead and raise a fault and request a replacement box if preferred.

thanks for posting,

David 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi.  My Parents had the same issue except they had given up & turned it off 2+ years ago. Their box, we think, was 8+ years old!

I rang BT last weekend and on the wednesday took delivery of a smart Pro box, pay less per month & they kindly waived the £30 setup fee.

Worth checking the packages you want when you call as now that they have the new box they want to use it more!

Tim

Message 5 of 6

Hi

i also have a  two old bt box that’s changed its menu to EE but the remote now is very slow . I’ve done factory resets etc to no avail . There not on subscription can they be replaced please?. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

@Gregg1908 

Not if you are not on an EE TV subscription, no. Even Aladdin couldn’t get one 😢

And they are only your property if they predate 19/12/2019; otherwise they are BT’s property still.

You could think about taking out an EE TV subscription, though, and get a brand new Pro box to use as long as you remain subscribed, as long as you are currently with, or can migrate to, BT or EE Broadband.

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never a BT TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings