cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 71 of 107

Re: BT Pro Box surround sound

@SoupDragon57 

Try saving the images as .jpg as lot of stuff these days, including screen grabs, defaulrs to  .png, which is significantly larger & breaches the small file limit on this forum.

0 Ratings
Message 72 of 107

I'm old school @SoupDragon57 so used the old name - the same applies though. Your amp should be able to apply Dolby Surround (formerly known as Pro Logic II) to a DD+2.0 stream.

@stereohaven - the volume issue is a totally separate one.
Message 73 of 107

@rbz5416  Not so easy on my phone. Will post later from a computer 😁

0 Ratings
Message 74 of 107

@DarrenDevwrote:
@stereohaven- the volume issue is a totally separate one.

Well I tried! 🤣😁👍

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 75 of 107

I've just spent 10 minutes with my setup here at home, and I can't reproduce any issues. Mine doesn't show which channels are flagged as active (it just always said 5.1 - the only time it changes is when Atmos is playing) but all the channels sound fine to me - surround in the rears, vocals in the front and centre. I do have a "multichannel stereo" option too, which is very annoying (makes the vocals sound like they're behind me, as the rear surround speakers are closer).
0 Ratings
Message 76 of 107

@DarrenDev Do you know why ITV1 has a different config to ITV2/3/4? I would argue that ITV1 is correct...

0 Ratings
Message 77 of 107

From our side, all the ITV channels have the same encoding/distribution config. I can only assume a difference in the source material?
I sat and watched Supermarket Sweep on ITV2 for a few minutes (satisfy my Rylan craving, since he was removed from the TV box setup video 🤷🏼‍♂️) and the sound was exactly as I would expect.
Message 78 of 107

@DarrenDev Sorry you had to watch Supermarket Sweep. I'll upload the screenshots later that I took showing the different formats coming to the AV. Hopefully, that will help.

Message 79 of 107

I don't think showing anything technical is going to help. The key thing is what's wrong with how it sounds.

As I understand it, you're saying that your setup prevents any form of surround effects on stereo source, so it just plays out of FL+FR. Is that correct?

What is your amp?
0 Ratings
Message 80 of 107

@DarrenDev 

I haven’t got a Pro box, but can I chip in? On my LG GX soundbar, with Surround turned On, then on the AI Sound Pro, Standard and Music, modes, the bar will synthesise rear channels if fed 2.0. And in AI Sound Pro and Standard, it will also output a Centre signal. But if it is fed 5.1, it will play what it is sent.

Thus if you give it a 2.0 signal incorrectly described as 5.1, it will play nothing from the rears and nothing from the Centre; but the same 2.0 signal correctly described as 2.0 will result in synthesised rear being played from the rears and mixed ‘centre’ being played from the Centre.

I make no case for the aesthetics here; I simply report the observable change of behaviour, away from the user’s expectations and desires, when 2.0 is supplied incorrectly described as 5.1

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never a BT TV subscriber ***