cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

BT Pro TV Box

Has anyone else else had constant issues with the BT Pro TV box?

Im really really regretting “upgrading” it and searching these forums suggests the same things happen to everyone. 

Box just loses connection to the internet even though it’s a wired connection and everything else works in the house. 

it’s a joke. What’s the point in this box? I might just go back to the old one. 

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT Pro TV Box

Mods please move to YOUVIEW forum if not the right place here. Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

I had the issue with it dropping connection and I changed the ethernet cable and it's been fine since.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Sadly, now on my third Ethernet cable and still doing it. 
Had an engineer come and take a look, and now have a new box coming. 

But what’s the point? The box just isn’t very good is it?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

I think you might just be having bad luck because ours works pretty much perfectly 

Message 6 of 10

Fingers crossed. 

I’ve been massively underwhelmed by this new ‘Pro’ box even when it was working ok. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Was having work done on our chimney which meant we had to use the internet channels option. The box kept throwing up either a blank screen or a "cannot connect to internet" message and asked us to restart the hub. Wired connection, about a metre from the hub. Tried various cables still kept doing it. Totally unreliable viewing experience. Have fibre to premises, steady 150 meg, nothing else in the house experienced a loss of connection. Was honestly glad when the mast went back on the chimney and we went back to Freeview reception mode. Oddly in the year and 1/2 we have had the box, have not experienced this with the IP channels (Now) which are available in Freeview mode. It's been fine since.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Hello, I wonder if your issues got solved. I can't see any other way to connect than internet mode.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

@Lizzie Stayed with the wired connection and didn't bother with wifi mode again after that. Gave the box back last year, so I can't say if the issue was ever sorted, though lots of people on the forum appear to be using theirs via wifi with no problems, so either I had a faulty box ot the issue was resolved with an update. 

Message 10 of 10

Hello, I'm wondering if you ever got this sorted as I have the same problem. 

0 Ratings