cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 24

Entertainment Lite

Go to solution

What channels come with Entertainment Lite (I know the spelling is wrong but that's the way it was sent by email to me)? If I access any of them will I have to pay an additional charge? Thank you very much. I know it's a stupid question but I find the contract impossible to understand.

0 Ratings
23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24

Re: Entertainment Lite

Go to solution

Here's a page showing which channels come with which packages:

https://www.bt.com/help/tv/learn-about-tv/channels-and-packages/what-channels-and-add-ons-you-get-wi...

I really don't know what you mean with your second question sorry, because you would already be paying for them. 

Message 3 of 24

Go to solution

When I was first signed up to this package I was told to receive Now I would have to register and then pay charges for anything I watched on it.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 24

Go to solution

@Attheend 

If your deal includes Entertainment, you can watch any Now Entertainment programme without further charge, on any device in your home that supports Now, as long as you sign in to Now on that device with your BT (now EE) account details. On your YouView box, you can watch and/or record the live Now Entertainment channels from the EPG (Guide) just like the broadcast channels.

If your deal doesn’t include Now Entertainment though, you can pay an additional monthly subscription for it, and watch as above without further payment. (Unlike Prime, where some programmes come with the subscription and some cost extra - Now don’t do that). The subscription runs from month to month, but you can cancel anytime.

However, Now Entertainment doesn’t include Now Cinema, Now Sports, or Now Hulu, each of which would be a further separate monthly subscription if you wanted it.

And if another person in your household wants to watch Now on a different device while you are watching it, you will need to buy a Boost subscription to support up to three simultaneous sessions.

Does that answer your question?

Message 5 of 24

Go to solution

Hi @Attheend  have you  had your current TV package for many years .

I ask this because there were and possible still are some  customers on rather basic TV packs that predate the range of flexible packages that are currently sold. Several of these old packages include "Entertainment" in their name and one is listed as Lite.

Looking back to this thread from last year

https://community.bt.com/t5/EE-TV-YouView/BT-TV-Now-Subscription/m-p/2310440#M73277

you mention that you were on basic TV then.

Has your TV package changed since then ?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 24

Go to solution

There is an option of free to view channels as a basic package but it's not advertised well on the BT website.

Probably best to give them a call if that's the package that interests you, as you should get a recordable box. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 24

Go to solution

Thank you for that. I think it answers my questions.  If anything else comes up I will get back to you.  That helped a great deal.

Message 8 of 24

Go to solution
Entertainment Lite is a very old package, and doesn't include any channels anymore - the last channel it had was AMC, which was removed last year. All it includes now is access to EE Player, allowing you to watch trailers, and purchase anything else you want to watch - i.e. it's just an empty account.
To add Now TV you'd need to switch to one of our current TV packages, which also allow you to switch up and down every 30 days.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 24

Go to solution

If @Attheend  is paying money for a very ancient  TV package as described then one option would be simply to cease that contract. If the current TV box was supplied pre December 2019 then it would be considered as owned by them.  Keeping the box would allow watching and recording of Freeview channels plus the use of the non subscription On demand players and you would be free to take out direct subscriptions if you wanted with several of the other players.  The age of the package suggests that the original box would predate that time but it is possible that BT may have supplied a replacement after that date which would be considered as a loan box and require returning if contract ceased.  Another option is obviously to take a new contract (2 year min term) from the range that EETV currently offers. Whether the cost and content of those packages suit your circumstances is a personal choice.

Message 10 of 24

Go to solution

Ok, here is what my package says:

"Your package:

• Entertainment Lite

This package gives you:

• Unmissable entertainment, award-winning dramas and HBO box sets from channels including Sky Atlantic, Sky Max, Gold and Comedy Central as well as 7 kids channels with NOW Entertainment
  • discovery+ Basic
  • Discovery Channel"

Does this mean I now can access Now for the above channels without additional charges? I thought after your post this was the case but some of the additional posts have confused me.

0 Ratings