cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

BT TV PRO

I keep having issues with the BT TV Pro box I have.

It stopped recording, recordings all said unable to record - so I reset it.   Started working again.  OK for a couple of weeks.

BBC channels kept going a solid blue colour, the TV guide went blank and refused to load so I had to reset it again, seemed to be OK for a while.

Today the whole box was reset and back to factory when I turned it on, I was surprised to see the set me up prompt, I had to find a guide on how to pair up the remote again. (home key and 7)

Anyone experiencing similar instability, I don't know what will happen when I turn on the tv.

It is working again now.   Support says I need an engineer to "look" at the box, but of course if it works OK for a week or so, then it would be a waste of time for everyone.   The engineer won't see anything useful.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT TV PRO

Well given that you have had at least 2  malfunctions (record function not working) and what appears to be an unexplained full reset on box startup (losing recordings)  I would go down the engineer visit route and expect to have a replacement for  what is I presume an on loan box. unless the engineer can demonstrate reasonably a probable cause of the failings  ( ie any isssues with your cabling , connections, housing of the box) . 
Make sure that BT are aware formally of the issues you have experienced with the box.

0 Ratings