cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 20

UHD on PRO box.

Sorry for another UHD post. I have a PRO box with UHD enabled on it and a 4K TV. On the BBC iplayer i can see UHD programmes when I go through the TV directly. When I go through the PRO box I don't see the UHD programmes. I've looked and some of the answers on here but can't find a solution. Ant help would be much appreciated.

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20

Re: UHD on PRO box.

@macj180 

While not in the BBC iPlayer on the Pro box, press the blue button on the remote and go to Settings (the gear wheel) /Picture & Sound. What is HDMI Display set to?

Having it at 1080p will cause what you are seeing ; increase it to the highest 4K/UHD setting your TV can manage.

Then go into the iPlayer. Do you now see the UHD programmes?

If still not, or you had UHD set already, try another HDMI cable, ensuring it is at least a High Speed one, if not better.

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never a BT TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 20

@macj180   I have a Pro box and when I go onto BBCI Player the UHD programme are listed in the player eg planet earth etc.  If you go into setting on the BBC I player app you should have options for best picture and option for UHD preview , last I looked it was FA CUP final from a  couple of years ago in UHD .

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 20

Hi @macj180 

I get the same when using iPlayer on the Pro Box, the 'UHD' is missing from the top left corner of the programme tiles. However, if I use the search box and search for 'UHD' I do get some UHD programmes such as Planet Earth III, SAS: Rogue Heroes etc, and they play in UHD.

My guess is that the missing 'UHD' idents lies with the BBC and I don't think there's anything you can do yourself in any Settings to correct it.

From my experience though, I always run the apps from my TV rather than the BT box because I find them more reliable, and this is another reason to use the TV app because programmes are tagged correctly.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 20

Thanks for the info. I’ve tried all that and still no UHD.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 20

I’ve tried searching for UHD and still nothing. Very strange!!!!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 20

All the settings are correct but still no UHD.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 20

@macj180wrote:

All the settings are correct but still no UHD.

If you search 'UHD' do you get any results at all? It should show some programmes but they will not have the UHD ident on the tile. However, if you play them they are actually UHD.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 20

Yes I do get some programmes come up. I’ll compare what comes up with what comes up on the iPlayer app on the tv. Cheers.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 20

@Andy005 

Can you tell they are actually UHD, and not just HD scaled up by the Pro box?

As per this link 

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from-BT/Trying-to-understand-Pro-Box-picture-settings/m-p/232338...

a DTR-T4000 certainly sees the UHD flag when it’s present.

Though I suppose it’s possible that the Pro box is running a different version of the iPlayer, in which there is an error that the flag is not shown. Rather than, perhaps, an error in which UHD versions are not offered?

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never a BT TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings