cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT TV Pro box

Go to solution

Can/does the BT TV Pro box use wireless & wired connections simultaneously where both are available from the Smart Hub ?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT TV Pro box

Go to solution

Hi @nigelwe 

No. It's either WiFi or ethernet. As both deliver sufficient bandwidth for IPTV what would be the use case for having both?

MikeAlanR

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for coming back.  There don't appear to be any controls that would allow me to switch the wireless off in favour off a better/stable wired connection straight from the BT Hub..... unless you know different ?

A lot of the Googling I've done comes back and says that a wired connection is always better than a wireless connection, but no one has said how to turn off the wireless !

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

There is no need to switch off WiFi. If you don't set up a wireless connection in the first place, then none will exist. If you have then it will be disabled as soon as you plug in the ethernet cable.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @nigelwe 

As @rbz5416  Indicates you don't have to set up WiFi. However I'm sure there is a forget network option too in the network screen. (Not near box to check).

In any event the box is 'intelligent' enough to use eithernet over WiFi when a cable is plugged in.

MikeAlanR

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution
Many thanks 👍
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

@mikealanr 

Is there a ‘not’ missing there? 😛

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never a BT TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings