cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

BT TV and HDMI

Go to solution

Having switched from Sky, I thought I would just plug in and go using existing generic hdmi cables. The bt box flickers on then no picture and the says no signal (checked cables with sky box and all working) - any suggestions? (Cables are in wall so not easily replaced). 
Have plugged in a new free from wall cable but no joy 

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: BT TV and HDMI

Go to solution

@KennyA1 In theory, HDMI cables are generic, although different HDMI version support can be an issue, i.e. older cables can't support 4k/UHD, HDR etc. But if you've been running Sky Q with 4k working, then this should work.

Have you tried connecting to another TV to see if the issue is the TV box, the cable or the main TV?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Tried spare tv and all working so it’s something to do with tv not recognising the bt box? 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

A lot of modern TVs have more than one HDMI setting.  Mine has three, despite only having the one socket, and the BT box works on HDMI3...for some reason I've never looked into

I’d try flicking through the TV settings and see if a different one works.

Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

@Agree with @WSH . Could be HDMI modes, something in TV settings or even a dodgy HDMI port on the TV. I'd bet on the first 2, though!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

We thought that too but just doesn’t seem to recognise the bt box - does with sky in hdmi 1 & 2 which is weird 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

I’m not familiar with the latest BT box.  (Mine’s ancient).  Is there more than one output mode on the box?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

@WSH  there's a few output modes on the Pro box and mini to set the resolution; 720p/1080i/1080p/UHD 50fps 8bit/UHD 50fps 10bit

There's also Frame rate matching, which is still not quite well, so recommend leaving that off.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

Box works using cables on other TV - think it’s definitely tv related but can’t work out the solution 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

Annoyingly the tv recognises the box for a split second then it shows as no connection 

0 Ratings