cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 44

Re: BT TV future

An Apple TV is great, super powerful hardware that lasts for many years, lovely OS, all the apps and features like AirPlay, but is probably best suited to those already using the wider Apple ecosystem.

If you are into Android or perhaps get loads of services from Amazon, Fire Sticks, Roku or a Chromecast are all you really need.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 32 of 44

Will Firesticks get the EETV app that is rumoured that is supposed to have a tv guide and free to air channels or will EE only develop an app for Apple hardware. 

Probably just the Apple hardware I think.

Message 33 of 44

I think that relying on one device to provide all available services is never going to be 100% reliable. Give yourselves options, folks!
Message 34 of 44

I been using Amazon HD Firesticks for almost 2 years now and just love them and have not had any major problems with them. Firesticks dose need restarted every once in a while but thats it.

I dont have the pro box but have the previous version of the BT TV box.

This is my second Youview box as first one packed in, in 2019 and BT had to replace.

If Youview box packs in this time may look at getting a Freeview Play PVR. Only as I still at times like to record TV shows. As there is till one or two shows depending on channel that are still not on demand.

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 44

I have the BT Pro box and am interested to see how BT TV develops.

However, I am considering paying to get out of my contract early and moving to Sky Stream. I have autism and ADHD, and am struggling with the BT TV user interface. Not in terms of navigation, but I find it difficult to keep track of what I am watching and what I'd like to watch across the different streaming services. Multiple watchlists within the apps are difficult for me to keep track of.

I understand with Sky Stream, I will be able to add programmes from all my subscribed streaming services to the Playlist and then they are all in one place. I know it probably will sound silly to some, but this would be a really big benefit to me, having everything in one place.

Message 36 of 44

@davidr5wrote:

I understand with Sky Stream, I will be able to add programmes from all my subscribed streaming services to the Playlist and then they are all in one place. I know it probably will sound silly to some, but this would be a really big benefit to me, having everything in one place.

It doesn't sound silly at all, it's the holy grail in the modern entertainment landscape.

There are 3rd party apps that also do this, but Sky are the only ones I am aware of that have a centralised playlist working on their own hardware that covers all the main services.

It's just a shame (to me), that the apps themselves on Sky are so poor in terms of usability and picture quality compared to the same apps on other devices. I'm not alone in thinking this, but most people are not really bothered by it.

JustWatch is an example of an app you can have on multiple devices to centrally manage your viewing/searching.

————————————————————-
Message 37 of 44

@stereohaven Thanks for your reply. 🙂

I gave Just Watch a try a while ago, I think it would definitely help me keep track, but I'd prefer it all in one playlist on the actual box itself, so Sky Stream sounds ideal.

I've gone for it and ordered Sky Stream and Sky Broadband. Managed to get a decent deal through Quidco, Stream £23 a month and Broadband £16 a month. £95 cash back, £70 gift voucher and Sky will credit my account with £200 towards the BT cancellation fees.

Thanks for your help, I'm looking forward to giving Stream a go!

Message 38 of 44

EE called me this morning asking if I was interested in their Broadband Package, along with their new Tv package. 

EE are very competitive, cheaper than BT, which is strange as they are the same ??

Sales person also confirmed that you could leave BT and move to them within 3 months of your contract end without any penalty charges. They also confirmed that they will always beat BT on price ??

0 Ratings
Message 39 of 44

I find that very strange when EE are taking over BTs broadband and TV residential customers soon. 

Message 40 of 44

Are you sure that was EE @nickmorc ?

I’ve had some very dodgy calls over the last couple of months from a Cardiff number claiming to be from EE.

As @Weerab1983 says, seems pointless touting BT customers to move when we will anyway?

————————————————————-