cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 27

BT Tv reviews

Thinking about getting BT TV after canceling Sky due to repeated price rises,  had four this year alone.

I have had a look at Trustpilot and other review websites and was wondering is BT TV as bad as some of the reviewers are making out ? 

How easy is to setup and use, also is conected to a dish or is wifi the main connection. Any advice or opions welcome

Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
26 REPLIES 26
Message 2 of 27

Re: BT Tv reviews

You should see the Sky Glass reviews on TrustPilot 😂

It's different to Sky, no satellite connection involved, it either connects to a Freeview aerial and/or receives channels through your broadband connection (wired or wireless). 

Is it perfect? No, but then nothing is. 

If the ability to record and minimising broadcast delay when viewing NOW content live as much as possible is important to you, then it is the only option.

If the price is right, why not give it a go? You have a cooling off period if it doesn't work out.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 27

thanks,

yes saw the sky glass reviews as well 😂

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 27

I have had BT Sport for many years and I have been happy with it. Obviously the sport it shows will appeal to some and not to others but as far as the platform is concerned it's fine. Very easy to set-up and reliable. Main complaint would be the replacing of programmes in the schedules which means occasionally I sit down to watch a recorded programme which turns out to be totally different from that expected. I could understand if this was caused by overrunning live programmes but it quite often isn't. 

As for bad reviews I find most products have some bad reviews so generally only take notice of the overall rating. 

And if you are hoping to move to BT to get away from price rises then you will be in for an unpleasant surprise! However when your contract is up (with BT or most other suppliers) you can normally get a much better deal if you very politely tell them you will not be renewing as it is just too expensive. It's a shame you have to go through this farce to get a decent deal but that seems the way of the world nowadays.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 27

Thanks SteveG2460 for the information,

the price rises could not be as bad as Sky,  I had price rises  from Sky in January, February, March and April this year😠 no explanation from Sky other than they raised the prices, so not a happy customer. The BT  VIP TV package is cheaper than what I was paying Sky for I was paying roughly a £120 per month.

I renewed my contract with Sky at the end of April and managed to get a deal for £70 per month for what I previously had, then 4 days later I received an email from Sky saying the price for my package would be going back up to what it originally was the following month😠

I contacted Sky and again and they offered no explanation as to why other than its a price rise,  so I cancelled my contract, they made no attempt to negotiate or ask why

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 27

I recently ran a quote for Sky Stream and for a comparable package to what I have with BT TV, they wanted £145!! Nearly double the price... 

BT TV is a well priced alternative product.. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 27

@JetFan  I think Sky are going through a bit of a mid life crisis. Comcast appear to have told them to minimise the discounts and various forums are full of Q customers who were used to negotiating every 18 months (including me), saying the same thing: “I ain’t paying that!”.

@NigelB72 The whole point of Glass and Stream is to hold as best they can the list price and minimise discounts, instead offering flexible packages on 30 day terms. But as usual with Sky, the little add ons quickly rack up. 

£5 a month for ad skipping? Behave!

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 27

There's quotes on forums elsewhere for Sky being seen as a good deal (including sky sports) when for the same price or slightly less with BT you can get BT sport as well as Sky sports plus now ent (yes not all the same channels but close enough) so to me Sky's now looking overpriced

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 27

Probably too late for you, but I have to say I'm really disappointed. We have a 65" OLED LG TV with built in Freeview.

The BT TV Pro picture quality is so poor compared to the built-in tuner.

If I flick between the TV and the BT box, I'm actually astonished how poor the BT box image is by comparison.

I'm in a strange place since it's actually more expensive to cancel the BT package and revert to individual subscriptions, so I'll keep the box but never use it.

I'm genuinely disappointed with how poor this box is.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 27

Fanboy here.

Using internet connection with fttc. 30mbs is more than enough. A few glitches supported here on the forum very well and promptly. The mods get my kudos.

Look out for exceptional deals maybe around black Friday. I'm paying £6 for netflix, now and all freeview channels for a recording box. Beat that? Doubt it. 2 years locked in. No worries

Ok the price went up earlier in the year due to the inbuilt rises but is still only £7 something.

Big changes are promised soon and I suspect there will be deals to attract the attention again.