cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

BTTV can't connect to EE wifi

Go to solution

My BT broadband has gone down (fault reported), now using the EE wifi network.

I can connect all my mobile devices, consoles and PC to the network but I am unable to connect through my BTTV box. I have the abillity to connect through the tv box but it doesnt ask for username or password so it wont physically connect to the internet.

Can anyone help with this issue?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: BTTV can't connect to EE wifi

Go to solution

Not sure exactly what you're connecting to, a neighbour's hotspot?

If so then maybe you're out of range. Unless it's been changed in an undocumented software update, the Pro Box can only connect to 5GHz, which has shorter range than 2.4GHz.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

@rbz5416 

This will be connecting (or not) to the little black gizmo that BT give you to ensure uninterrupted broadband service over the mobile network if your land-based broadband ever goes down.

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never a BT TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution
I assume by EE Wifi you mean the public wifi network shared by BT hubs, on which you're then logging in with your BT credentials. I'm afraid this cannot be used from a BT TV box, as there's no way to pop up the login screen.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

When did BT Wi Fi hotspots rebrand as EE Wi Fi? I used to use this quite a lot before my mobile data allowance increased to a level way beyond any reasonable usage (2GB to 250GB for the same price) but still need occasionally when in a mobile data signal grey/blackspot such as the villages round here.   Did I miss the memo?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

@gomezz 

You can use the rebranded EEWIFI just like you used BTWIFI just you cannot use it to connect for BTTV

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

So I found out. But when did the rebrand happen and why weren't we told about it? Or was it hidden in the small details of the general rebrand?

For a communication company they are sometimes not very good at communication.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

@DarrenDev 

How about EE-WiFi-X? That seems to have a more normal sign-in,

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never a BT TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

The previous post answers the question

https://community.bt.com/t5/Broadband-Extras-Apps-from-BT/BT-WIFI-X-and-EE-WIFI-X/m-p/2322805

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks @imjolly 

It’s nice to know that if ever a BT or EE engineer wants to borrow my iPad, it has a WiFi channel just for them to use 😛

0 Ratings