cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Broken Box?

Go to solution

Got a BTTV Box. About 4/5, maybe 6 years old.

Its Black with a Grey Strip on the bottom. Humax one.

Was working fine yesterday, we had a brief power cut early this morning, literally lasted seconds.

Went to put the Box on it’s just constantly Loading/Waking Up.

I completely powered it down and it made 5 or 6 dull beeping noises and is now constantly Loading/Waking Up again.

Worked in Telecoms all my life on both Metallic Path and Fibre Network but will admit I know nothing about these STB’s as we never had anything to do with them.

Is there a hard reset on them like a Router is does it sound broken forever?

**EDIT** Should have said, Broadband, FTTC is working fine. Getting a steady and consistent 55/15 on an 80/20 Circuit. Am about 330m away from PCP, cable is all 0.5 Copper. It’s just unfortunate it’s an antiquated ECI DSLAM that isn’t fit for purpose, thanks Liv Garfield!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Broken Box?

Go to solution

Hi @36ULW and thanks for posting.

I've had similar problems with an older STB, more or less the same symptoms you're describing and it's not good news. I would say it's terminal and will need replacing.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Yes, you’re right. Think it’s as dead as dead can be.

Luckily I have 4 spare boxes.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

It would seem that the power spike/break has impacted the ability to access the hard drive hence you cannot load from it.  So if an in (BT TV ) contract box  report it and expect it to be replaced. 

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Nah, not in contract. 

As mentioned above luckily I’ve got some spare ones.

0 Ratings