cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Bt tv pro box

Go to solution

I have a bt tv box pro and it’s connected using my broadband, no aerial as it was advertised on the fact that no aerial needed.. Why can I not record a channel and watch the said channel at the same time ? And why can I not start play the recording as it’s still recording ? 

very disappointed with the above as this is the most logical thing that other boxes manage to do…. literally you get a blank screen if you try to watch the same channel you are recording and it will not play the recording until it finishes 😞 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Bt tv pro box

Go to solution

Hi @Kikiwoowoo ,

Not sure why you are experiencing this. 
i believe that both those actions should be possible.
There is a limit of 2 multicast streams but as the recording and viewing is of the same stream that should be possible. (and only count as 1 of your streams).

With regard to watching a recording from the start whilst it is still recording , if when you open the recording it doesn’t start to play from the beginning press 0  (zero) on your remote and it should position the recording at the beginning .  

Probably worth restarting ( rebooting)  the box to see if that clears the issues as what is occurring isn’t normal.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Kikiwoowoo 

I have just replicated what you've been trying to do and it worked perfectly for me. I recorded two channels at the same time and on both I was able to watch and record at the same time, and play each recording as it was recording.

Try what has been suggested as it's not a limitation of the box.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Yup, I'm with the others on this. Sounds like a box issue because I have a Pro Box running in Internet mode and it works perfectly. If you try the other recommendations and they don't work, the final thing to try is a factory reset and run set-up again because something may not have gone right during the initial set-up 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks everyone for your replies I’ll give all suggestions a go.. 

I’m pleased to know that it should be possible to do both actions as I thought it might be because I don’t use an aerial.. 

thanks again and I’ll let you know how I get on 

Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks again all, I’ve done a factory reset and have re-tried my actions last night and all working fine now …..

Appreciate your suggestions and help 🙂