cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 19

Can I order Anthony Joshua v Francis Ngannou on EETV?

Go to solution

I have a TNT sports package and EETV on a youview box. I do have sky box office HD on channel 496 but it’s saying I don’t have it as part of my package and isn’t currently giving me an option to book the fight.

At the bottom of the sky box office page it says virgin media and EETV customers should contact their operator to book. Does anyone know if there’s a straightforward way for me to book this Sky box office event on EETV? 

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/13081478/anthony-joshua-vs-francis-ngannou-timing-pricin...

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

Re: Can I order Anthony Joshua v Francis Ngannou on EETV?

Go to solution

Hi @Tantalum 

https://www.bt.com/sport/box-office/sky

suggests how it should be available but it does seem that EE TV 496 channel isn’t currently enabled to allow you to book. The preview programming and the live event is in the epg for 496.

Given that it is taking place this week I will ask the mods to raise with relevant team.

Message 3 of 19

Go to solution
Message 4 of 19

Go to solution

Hi @Tantalum and thanks for posting.

Can you try using the EE Player and let me know if that helps?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 19

Go to solution
Hi, thanks @DavidM. EE Player is the same. Channel 496 just says I need to set up sky sports box office or add it to my package. When I press ok it just says “there are currently no scheduled events” and gives no further options to buy any PPV events.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 19

Go to solution

Hi

Just tried on channel 496 and I’m getting the same message as everyone else.

Are EE planning to allow us to purchase this fight or should we go elsewhere.

kind regards

Andy

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 19

Go to solution

Hi All, Unfortunately we are not showing the Joshua v Ngannou PPV Boxing event on EE TV. This means that customers will not be able to purchase via their EE TV STB.

The event is being retailed by Sky and DAZN. With the key ways to purchase listed below:

• EE TV customers (and anyone else) can purchase the event online via DAZN, either at www.dazn.com or via the DAZN app. Support and more information can be found at  www.dazn.com/en-GB/help/articles/ppv
  • Sky TV customers can purchase the event via their Sky STB or online via Sky Sports Box Office.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 19

Go to solution

Its a shame we cant do the Sky Box Office on the YouView box, luckily its on DAZN I guess because their app is fairly well supported and most people will have one of the following:

DAZN | Help | DAZN supported devices

The Sky Box Office App is there on mobile devices mostly which is a pain, going to assume most BT customers are not also having Sky itself so DAZN is going to be the way. DAZN itself is annoying because its pay structure is annoying, you cant just buy the fight without signing up for a rolling contract, of course hoping folks forget and roll over or decide to stay on. DAZN on Apple TV for me tonight.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT Full Fibre 900 (Big Sport UHD) - Nokia ONT - Ubiquity ER-X - EETV Box Pro (IP Mode)
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 19

Go to solution
I’m worried about signing up with DAZN. The internet is littered with people complaining that they make it difficult to cancel. Some say you can’t just cancel in your account and that you must call them on a premium rate number. That doesn’t sound good. Has this been your experience?

Could you let me know if you do sign up if there’s a simple way to cancel within the account? I’d be happy enough to sign up for an annual subscription as they show lots of boxing throughout the year that I’d enjoy, but I want to know that when my year runs out cancelling will be straightforward.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 19

Go to solution

Well....yes it used to be easy to cancel, you could do it all online, the last time I had to watch a PPV on their app.

But now you do have to call +448081899399 which is proper naughty - This is just news to me, if i'd known prior i'd have just cast from the Box Office app on my device to my apple TV, now ive got to call someone.

Frankly its disgusting that if you want to watch a PPV you have no option other than to buy the event plus also enrol in a yearly subscription or monthly, then make it difficult to cancel. I wont be going via DAZN again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT Full Fibre 900 (Big Sport UHD) - Nokia ONT - Ubiquity ER-X - EETV Box Pro (IP Mode)
0 Ratings