cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 19

Re: Can I order Anthony Joshua v Francis Ngannou on EETV?

Go to solution

So I just called through to cancel, ive already paid the 20 quid for the fight tonight so they were happy to just cancel it there and then and I then get the next 30 days of content.

Tried to persuade me to stay saying the Fury Usyk fight is coming up etc.....but I pointed out that that will be on TNT which doesnt come with all these problems when it comes to watching one event.

Also I was warned that I will be charged for the call depending on how much my carrier charges me, but I do have a 0 pound cap on my mobile so I literally cannot call premium numbers or text, so I wonder what happens.

Anyway, I got through, the guy was happy for me to cancel, im sure they are getting alot of calls for this, its ironic to me though because if they made it easier to just buy one event they might get more custom away from sky.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT Full Fibre 900 (Big Sport UHD) - Nokia ONT - Ubiquity ER-X - EETV Box Pro (IP Mode)
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 19

Go to solution
Well I’ve just signed up for the yearly subscription. I don’t really mind paying £9.99 a month as I’m a big boxing fan and they show loads of fights. They also give the option of setting up the payments through paypal rather than giving them your card details directly. So if there’s any funny business when I try to cancel in a year I’ll hopefully have greater protection.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 19

Go to solution

Good on you, not going to dispute that if thats what you want to do.

I would sign up....but the problem is PPV is ontop of your monthly subscription, like I get it, with Sky Sports you pay a monthly then also need to pay ontop for Box Office events but I wouldnt watch enough DAZN inbetween to make it worth it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT Full Fibre 900 (Big Sport UHD) - Nokia ONT - Ubiquity ER-X - EETV Box Pro (IP Mode)
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 19

Go to solution
I’ve gone through the motions of cancelling within the account just to see if I was told to call a number but wasn’t. I stopped short at the option to finish cancellation as I don’t want to cancel yet, but didn’t see any request to call anyone? Did you do that? Is that when they tell you to call? Or maybe you can cancel without calling?
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 19

Go to solution

Yeah, when you meet the final boss and select cancel the number appears.

Historically, or at least when I last used DAZN for PPV the same thing happened apart from when hitting the button one last time it actually cancelled without me having to call.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 19

Go to solution
Ok well I clicked finish cancellation and luckily didn’t get asked to call anyone. They told me that I’d still be able to watch DAZN and be charged £9.99 a month as per my contract, but my annual pass has been cancelled and won’t auto renew next year. I’m happy enough with that.
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 19

Go to solution

Interesting, so if you sign up for a year you are all good to cancel online but if you sign to rolling you have to call (based on our team work and thorough investigation 🙂 )....again they are squeezing every last penny out playing on people just not being bothered to call, statistics will show that given a number to call to cancel folks will either not bother at that time and forget, I think thats kinda mean to grab people like that.

You will find people who are a little on the shy side who like the idea of internet sign ups only to be hit with a 'call this number' to cancel, some folks genuinely have anxiety around that type of thing.

Whereas if you commit to a year they care less because they are already getting 100 quid plus....

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 19

Go to solution
Seems that way. It might be that if I was closer to the end of my contract I’d be asked to call but as I’ve only just signed up perhaps their algorithms aren’t set up to ask new subscribers to call.
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 19

Re: Can I order sky sports box office events on EETV?

Go to solution

Is this going to be a common occurrence with regards to sky sports box office content not being shown on EETV? Or is it just this particular event?

0 Ratings