cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Can’t connect ee mini Tv box

I have purchased an ee mini box and am trying to set it up in my study. Box powers up with a purple light and the other two lights are aqua. The remote does not activate anything and  nothing appears on the TV. It is meant to be plug and play.  I have a bt TV Pro Box in the lounge which is connected by Ethernet, but the study Tv is relying  on wifi with an extender which buffers from time to time on discovery plus. Should I be paying bt for a second box?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Can’t connect ee mini Tv box

Yes. You won’t be able to watch any  live channels on that box as they have no aerial connection. They only work with an IP connection which requires a subscription to EETV. Just having one EETV subscription is not sufficient. Attempting to juggle 2 boxes with one subscription would be extremely messy even if it were possible ( and I’m not sure that it is in this case) You’d need a second box subscription which costs £10pm.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Can’t connect ee mini Tv box

@Bjenergy 

Hmm, you bought it. So not obtained via EE TV.

Is it brand new? 

The most likely explanation for what you see is that you haven’t followed the instructions in the User Guide, notably Step 4, so the protector strip is still in the remote.

Because although you won’t get far with an unauthorised Box Mini, you should get further than you have.

I don’t know whether it will politely decline to show you anything over IP Mode, or if it will ask to unhook the Pro box (which I assume you do have on an EE TV subscription, yes?) and then work as if it was a fully subscribed Box Mini.

Without, though, it should work as a tolerable smart device as regards the apps that EE TV supports on it, if you press Home instead of vainly trying to set up IP Mode channels.

Is the extender you are using one supplied by BT? If not, there’s a fair chance you will hit IPC6023 trying to set up the IP Mode channels, even if you get close to that.

And yes, if you want a fully operational Box Mini alongside a fully operational Pro box, you need to source it from BT, and pay the monthly stipend.

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber, but with a few issues still to be ironed out ***
0 Ratings