cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Clarification on TV package flexing

Go to solution

re: 

You can downgrade your TV package (to a lower-tier package) once every 30 days. Your downgrade will happen within 24 hours of your request and you will be charged the cost of the new TV package from that moment. You will remain on the new package until you choose to move to a different package. You cannot downgrade your TV package during the first month of your minimum term or the last 3 months of your minimum term.

I believe BT TV  packages before the EE TV rename/repaint did not have this restriction  (within last 3 months) on downgrading your TV package although there were several posts here about people having difficulty in doing this.

Can this be clarified please.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Clarification on TV package flexing

Go to solution

We’ve just entered the final 3 months of our minimum term and we appear to be now unable to swap our tv package without entering  into a new 24 month contract for both tv and broadband. However, some of the offers are very attractive, and I assume that they will still be valid right up to renewal date as it does not specify a time limit.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

for what it is worth BT do still say 12Jan2024 (BT consumer Price Guide)

If you have a Flexible EE TV service you can change your TV package once a month throughout your minimum term. Any changes to your TV package will be charged at the standard price set out above.

That of course is contradictory to the information that I asked for clarification  on (none yet forthcoming)  and what some  customers are experiencing.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
I've had it confirmed that it's correct that the web site/app won't allow you to change your package when the re-contract offers have been generated (3 months before end of contract).
Within this period, you'd need to call us.
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Our re-contract offer for the Entertainment package seems to vary between £8, £12 or £15 depending upon what time of day I check it ( on the same device) . We haven’t decided what we’re going to do yet, and most likely won’t be going for that package, but that seems strange. We have consistent offers on Big Sport and Full Works, and no offers at all on Big Entertainment or Sport.

0 Ratings