cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Contract

I just don't know what is going on with BT I had an engineer come to install BT on my TV then decided I didn't want it didn't like what it offered so asked them to disconnect it I didn't know that it would interfere with my contract  I had with them and would be ending in November 2023 spoke to someone this morning and now they are saying that my contract will be ending in February 2024.

Thanks

lornagg

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Contract

Hi @lornagg Thanks for posting, did you cancel the BT TV within your 14 day cooling off period? 

When you add BT TV to your package it does extend your broadband contract as part of the order, was there a recontract deal to add discounts to your broadband at the same time as the TV order? If there weren't the contract should have been reverted to what you had before the TV was ordered.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Hi Neil
No one mentioned any thing about this at the time.
Thanks
Lornagg
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Hi Neil
They came and connected it on the 6th April 2023 I cancelled it the next day.

Thanks
Lornagg
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

I also wanted to say that they started a new contract as from the 5th April 2023 for 24 months which they shouldn't of done because i rang them on the 7th April 2023 and asked them to disconnect BT off my TV.
Thanks
Lornagg
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Got a letter from BT saying that they have put me on a new contract for 10 months starting from the 17th April 2023 and have taken me off the other one that I spoke to you about, which should have ceased in November 2023, they shouldn't have done this they should have kept me on the old one because I cancelled my BT TV on the 7th April 2023 I hope you understand what I'm talking about please let me know.

Thank you 

lornagg

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Thanks for posting back @lornagg

I am sorry for the confusion here.  It's best that we take this offline to find out what happened.  We'll be able to give you the best advice once we've had a look at your account.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings