cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 92

Re: Discovery+ App

Go to solution

Ok, that’s very interesting. I can’t imagine that the addition of a few more apps would involve having to re-contract, especially as it’s possible to subscribe to apps directly without having to have it on your BT bill. 

So, I’m wondering whether this is all about moving customers over to EE in order to be able to access these new exciting services. Those of us with BT Mobile will already be familiar with what this involves, as BT Mobile is being wound down and customers are being nudged in the direction of EE Mobile. Even though BT and EE are part of the same family and we are told that they power each other, as far as billing is concerned they are still very much separate.

I know that you won’t comment on this, but those are my thoughts.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 92

Go to solution

@Brucemeister5 BT Retail and consumer division is being rebranded to EE so very soon they'll be no BT retail hence the nudging to EE for mobile. I'd imagine that this is to put some space between the various businesses within BT Group to ward off a potential hostile takeover from the French chap who keeps increasing his stake and also to remove some of the shackles from OFCOM etc... 

Each business can then stand on their own two feet and through individual financial reports, they can go to OFCOM for legislation and regulatory changes.

Message 23 of 92

Go to solution

I got an email last night. The BT store is now no more and it has been switched to EE as of yesterday I believe. 

Message 24 of 92

Go to solution

@Weerab1983 Yes, I got that email too. I think it’s all starting to add up with the disappearance of BT Sport on Tuesday, and will probably accelerate in the next few months. 

Message 25 of 92

Go to solution
The move of BT Sport to TNT Sports isn't connected to BT products rebranding to EE - it's just really painful timing for us, with so many things changing around the same time. You wouldn't believe the number of changes there have been in the last few months with "what if that bit comes first, but then we do this later". The apps have to handle every possible combination of brand, name, login method, features, etc. I'm really looking forward to everything just being out there, and I can take my foot of the gas for a while. 🙂
Message 26 of 92

Go to solution

Please keep the valves open and full steam ahead

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 92

Go to solution

hi @DarrenDev  -  any news or confirmation of the following?

1: Discovery+ app appearing on at least Box Pro tomorrow (18 July)?

2: All TNT Sports channels being added to Discovery+ tomorrow?

3: Existing BT Sport customers getting access at no extra cost via Discovery+ app - depending on option 2

regards

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 28 of 92

Go to solution
#1 Definitely not (it's not ready)
#2 Definitely yes
#3 Has already been the case for months (www.bt.com/discoveryplus or the new "Activate discovery+" option in MyBT).
0 Ratings
Message 29 of 92

Go to solution

@DarrenDev  thank you

For option 3 - I meant from tomorrow will existing BT Sports subscribers get access to TNT Sports in the Discovery+ app at no extra cost?

Existing customers don't see anything for TNT Sports - only Eurosport?

@DarrenDevwrote:
#1 Definitely not (it's not ready)
#2 Definitely yes
#3 Has already been the case for months (www.bt.com/discoveryplus or the new "Activate discovery+" option in MyBT).

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 30 of 92

Go to solution
Ah sorry, yes - the d+ subscriptions are either for "entertainment" or "entertainment & sports".
BT Sport subscribers who created a d+ account will have sport included, and TNT Sports will be part of that package.
TNT Sports Ultimate is also part of the sports package as standard.