cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 19

EE TV Apps

Can I ask when we can expect the ITV X and Prime video apps on the Box Pro  to be capable of handling FAST channels  and  for the ITV X app higher quality HD catchup ?

I understand from looking at EE community  posts that the Box mini Amazon Prime app had some updates applied to enable Fast Channels a few months back ?

Tags (1)
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

Re: EE TV Apps

The TV Box Pro isn't currently capable of supporting FAST channels - it needs an upgrade to the chipset drivers. This is a major task, that requires revalidation of everything on the box (including all apps), so will take some time.
Message 3 of 19

I also asked about the amazon prime FAST channels on the EE forum (weerab2024 username), so it's good to see that this is being investigated at least.

Sounds like it's on the radar and on some sort of to do list. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 19

I did reply to your post there about it too @Weerab1983 😜

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 19

I know @DarrenDev you said it was something about the drivers and you were going to go to YouView and Amazon 😊

I know your a busy man, it must be some list 😜

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 19

Will the BT Pro tv box be capable of handling the huge increase in streams to be made available when Sky Sports + launches in August? I know that it can currently deliver the bonus streams on the NOW app, but Sky Sports + seems to be on a different scale.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 19

I only act as the go-between @Weerab1983 .  I don't often talk directly to YouView (we have a delivery manager responsible for that - I only get involved when I need to add technical details), and certainly would never directly speak to any of our providers.

You're right though, I am a busy man - responding to these forums (and fixing accounts) is something I choose to do in my "spare" time.  I have a full time job leading a couple of dev teams too.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 19

I don't know anything about Sky Sports+ @Brucemeister5 , but the box wouldn't be a bottleneck for those.  If they're delivered OTT then there's no issues at all.  If they're multicast then the limitation is the core network, not the box.

If they're delivered as FAST channels then the issue is with the ad injection, so they wouldn't be supported on the TV Box Pro at the moment.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 19

Your doing a grand job @DarrenDev we all appreciate your support.

I feel your pain job wise, I am working and studying. There is not enough time in the day. 

You helped me a great deal when I transitioned to EE and my Pro box was incorrectly marked as a return and my multiroom issue. I much appreciate it. 

Message 10 of 19

Couple of observations 
 I thought SKY were  (alsol) enabling the significant number of additional live sport streams as Bonus streams on the NOW app. That feature already exists with multi court tennis coverage and featured hole/group golf coverage. 

FAST channels are a undelivered element of the ITV X app which has been  around since  January 2023 on the box PRO. Whilst for many their absence may not be a issue for some they would benefit from access  to the ITV signed  FAST channel  , the local  regional news  content that is missing  and live sport  (rare so far but that might change) coverage that is only on the app.