cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 19

Re: EE TV Apps

1000001820.jpg

Might not be relevant to previous posts but my EETV app on my phone just updated and it said update was to add new channels to the app in the coming weeks. Plus other bugs fixes. 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 19

I seen that too about the extra channels coming too. Let's see what happens 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 19

Well in the past Eurosport has had additional linear popup channels  during olympics  but that was before discovery+  became their streaming home. Not aware on any announcements of what additional linear coverage we can eexpect yet.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 19

I won't hold my breath it's only been 2 years since there were additional entertainment channels lol

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 19

Going back to the need for updates to enable the Box Pro  to handle FAST channels I do recall at its launch the statement

The IP capable box is designed to support the future of all IP streaming

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 19

Asian Mix channels have been added to EE TV app. So not new channels as such, which is somewhat disappointing. 

I really hope more channels get added soon, this is getting tedious.

Sky Arts and Sky News are now in HD on Virgin Media, which should be possible in EE IP mode. 

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 19

We can live in hope, Sky news is in HD on my BT pro box. New Freeview streaming channel seem to pop up every month but the BT box IP mode can't show them. Still got another year on my contract before I can look at alternatives. 

Message 18 of 19

Couple of observations

Subscribers to the World channels (Asian Pack) addon have been waiting for about  two years for the live channels to be available on the app. Not sure that there is any demand on the EE TV app for these channels as I can’t see any content there yet. 

There are currently  3 Sky News channels on EE TV.  The SD variant 232  is included with the IP Freeview channels ,  those with NOW membership included with their EETV packages  have 313 the NOW Sky News SD channel, those paying for the HD addon the  will also get now Sky News HD 385 channel.

Sky Arts similarly has 3 channels on EE TV  the SD one included with the IP Freeview  channels , and SD/HD NOW channels which form part of NOW Entertainment membership [with normal rules on HD requiring addon)

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 19

@zulu17 EE IP mode is not Freeview though, they don't have to stick to the SD version if there is HD versions available, its all down to whatever EE are willing to pay or willing to charge to maximise their revenue.

I seem to always live in hope with EE, even for a couple of more channels and even if they are free to air and SD.

Don't see why they can't come to an agreement for more Discovery premium channels as well, without having to go into the discovery plus app. 

Maybe that's just my simplistic view. 

I still have a long time left on my contract so I will weigh it up at the end of my contract and see what my options are. 

0 Ratings