cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 22

EE TV picture Quality

Hello just recently switched from Sky Q to EE TV as the price was a lot better happy with the overall experience but the only noticeable difference is picture quality I have the EE fibre broadband gets 72 download speed but only on bt sport ultimate seems clear the normal hd programs seem abit pixilated not horrendous but just noticeable for me after coming from sky Q

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22

Re: EE TV picture Quality

@Todd99 How is your EE TV box connected to the internet? WiFi or Ethernet cable? 
BT Sport Ultimate is quite bandwidth heavy (45Mbps upwards). If you have other internet usage at the snare time or the WiFi signal is not great, it just won't be enough.
If you are using WiFi, try connecting via an Ethernet cable to see if there is a difference. Also make sure noone else is doing something intensive on the internet (e.g. gaming)

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 22

So it’s connected via WIFI yes but the distance is maximum 4 meters away the wifi is only across the room tnt sport ultimate is picture quality is nice and clear but the normal hd channels for example sky sports HD or itv 1hd as clear I know ultimate is enhanced but even when I had sky the hd channel were clearer than this but maybe it’s because of the ethanet 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 22

@Todd99 is definitely try using an Ethernet cable, even if only to test it.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 22

Ok the only other thing is I plug my Xbox into the Ethernet will that affect it aswell? I don’t usually play Xbox whilst tv is on but my partner may watch tv if I’m on xbox

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 22

@Todd99 

While you partner is watching something from the internet on TV, start gaming on the Xbox, and enquire if that affects the PQ on the TV or not.

Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never a BT TV subscriber
Message 7 of 22

Yes I will check but for example yesterday we was both watching itv 1 HD just seem slightly pixilated I wasn’t on gaming just using our phones I get 72 download so should be enough I’d of thought 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 22

With no punctuation it's hard to make out the first post, but you appear to b saying that 4k was OK but HD wasn't, Is that the case? If so it isn't going to be a bandwidth issue.

How were you watching each chanel, Pro Box EPG, Pro Box app, something else? I believe the Discovery+ app will deliver whatever the line is capable of but everything else requires an HD add-on. Have you subscribed to that?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 22

Sorry for the misunderstanding and yeah I have subscribed to all the hd channels the picture is clearer than the standard chancels but just thought it wasn’t as clear as when I had sky I’m using the EE TV Box pro I can understand that sky was via satellite dish so guess that makes a difference just maybe it’s me lol

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 22

@Todd99 

Are you using an aerial for the Freeview channels or is the box in IP mode where all channels are via the internet?

0 Ratings