cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 22

Re: EE TV picture Quality

@Todd99 

Settings (the little gear wheel top right)/Picture & Sound/HDMI Display.

Mine is UHD 50fps 10bit. Click on it to see your options. The other UHD setting I have there is UHD 50fps 8bit.

You may have one or both of these; if so, 10bit is better, as long as the TV supports it.

My LG has a setting, under Picture/Additional Settings, for HDMI Ultra HD Deep Colour, which has to be set for each HDMI input individually. This is because not everything I connect may be able to support it, but it is the better option if the input can support it.

I think this may be what lets me choose 10bit rather than 8bit.

You may have a similar setting on your TV, but it may be somewhere else in the menu, and it may even be called something else - my Samsung calls it Enhanced HDMI for instance (and it needs to be On for the HDMI input my Roku Stick+ is on before the BBC iPlayer will let me watch in 4K, though I have no idea why).

But as you can see, there are a lot of things you can tweak, quite apart from Brightness etc., to get the optimum picture.

There’s a website called RTINGS.com which keeps a list of optimum settings for all the TVs they know about, and if you can get the exact model code for your Hisense, you can look up what RTINGS recommends.

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
Message 22 of 22

Re: EE TV picture Quality

Hello thanks for the help I have it set on UHD 50fps 10bit so guessing that means the tv can support that 55A7GQTUK that’s the model of the tv and pretty sure the specs should be good enough it’s Qled 4K model I’ll try research best settings for it