cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 51 of 104

Re: EE now offering Sky Stream discount

Although it seems little more than an affiliate deal.

rbz5416_0-1728989783313.png

0 Ratings
Message 52 of 104

Calling Sky directly is still going to be the way to go.

£28 for the base package is way too high, especially when you can get it over the phone for £19-£22. 

Message 53 of 104

Interesting, not as entwined as the EE Now product, EE are basically sales agents/introducers.

derryviewer_0-1728989996718.png

0 Ratings
Message 54 of 104

Yeah was just having a look....

You still have to pay another 60 quid on top for Sky Sports and TNT Sports, nearly 70 with ad skipping and UHD, so nearly £100 in total without Broadband. Its still waaaaaay cheaper to do all that with BT or EE and you get a proper box, under £90 in total even if you get 900Mbps.

Surely it would be cheaper just going all in with Sky?

Am I missing something?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
Message 55 of 104

@naylor2006 

Ring Sky and see what they can offer you when you take both broadband and TV. 

if I remember correctly I was offered a really good deal for both 900mbps broadband and Sky Sports UHD, multiroom etc for around £70 a month. You would need to add TNT etc but it’s significantly cheaper when you take both broadband and TV.

0 Ratings
Message 56 of 104

I pay less than they're asking for the base package for Entertainment, Sky Sports & UHD direct with Now. Albeit without Netflix.

Message 57 of 104

@Colesy7 said:

@naylor2006 

Ring Sky and see what they can offer you when you take both broadband and TV. 

if I remember correctly I was offered a really good deal for both 900mbps broadband and Sky Sports UHD, multiroom etc for around £70 a month. You would need to add TNT etc but it’s significantly cheaper when you take both broadband and TV.

I dont need to leave BT right now, I am still in contract with 18 months to go. I pay £86 for 900Mbps, SkySports and TNT Sports with the UHD addon, with that im getting a EETV Box Pro also. If you sign up to EE now as a new customer and take out a similar package the price is roughly the same so the pricing is still far better. Sky kill you because you always have to have entertainment first, so many people just want the Sport. Its not a problem for me today I am just interested in whats out there.

@rbz5416 said:

I pay less than they're asking for the base package for Entertainment, Sky Sports & UHD direct with Now. Albeit without Netflix.

Yeah I dont have Netflix, but I could still take out a basic package separately which I can cancel any time and stay around the £90 a month mark.

I dont really see what the incentive is to buy Stream through....yet.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
Message 58 of 104

@naylor2006 

More to the point, what is the incentive to buy Sky Stream through EETV?

If they are doing something to make that attractive, I’m not seeing it.

And no, I’m not buying the ‘one bill’ argument. How much over the cost of the individual components is it really worth paying, just to get one bill?

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
Message 59 of 104

@Midnight_Voice I wont edit my post because it will make yours make less sense and thats not fair....but for some reason I didnt type EE after "through".

But yes, what you say is exactly my feelings also.

I'm tired, got manflu also.

PS: Worried about the upcoming plot twist, "You can now get Sky Sports UHD through EE via Sky Steam Puck".

That would be quite a disappointing end to the wait for this on EETV EPG 😕

0 Ratings
Message 60 of 104

@naylor2006 Sky Sports UHD is going to be available on the Pro TV box ( Mr Dev has told us so ). There’s always the possibility that it will only be for those with EE broadband though, as he didn’t clarify that when I asked him.