cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 91 of 104

Re: EE now offering Sky Stream discount

@naylor2006 I keep meaning to ask, if I ever feel the need to quote your words of wisdom on here how do I go about it? I can’t work out which button to press.

0 Ratings
Message 92 of 104

@naylor2006 

AFAIK, the proper Mods haven't gone to EE, they've been laid off. This was a result of the office in which they were based being closed down, as part of the ongoing policy of cutting everything to the bone, including a third of the workforce.

https://www.lightreading.com/fttx/bt-new-boss-to-cut-up-to-45k-jobs-and-slash-3b-in-costs

All we're left with now is a bunch of faux replacements whose only apparent answer is N+1. Where N is the number of times someone's called BT already & +1 is the magical extra call recommended that will suddenly fix the issue.

If @DarrenDev is indeed moving on that will be another great loss. His willingness to assist with issues in his own time is remarkable, especially considering some of the grief he got while doing so!

Message 93 of 104

@naylor2006 

Word of warning if you do switch from BT to EE, don’t let them place the order as a migration. You need to ask them to do an AoT transfer (as if you were coming from a different ISP). This way you can guarantee there won’t be any issues!

they tried to migrate me to EE and went t*ts up! They then placed it as a transfer and it went through fine! 

Message 94 of 104

You'd honestly think this was the best thing ever but no yet again it's just pages & pages of the usual suspects having a moan. Think i'm done here tbh

0 Ratings
Message 95 of 104

@Brucemeister5wrote:

@naylor2006 I keep meaning to ask, if I ever feel the need to quote your words of wisdom on here how do I go about it? I can’t work out which button to press.

You have to hit the three dots to reveal the rest of the toolbar, which then shows another quote.

rbz5416_0-1729076181834.png

rbz5416_1-1729076256244.png

0 Ratings
Message 96 of 104

Dont really have much faith that whatever I ask for will happen based on the other reports here.

The one thing I cannot handle beyond all else would be weeks of downtime, even though nothing on that side should be changing. There is no mobile reception here, going offline would be so awkward for us. There is alot of fear of migrating to EE, but the reward would be to have UHD Sky Sports within my package and not have a separate NOW bill for it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 97 of 104

@garybs29wrote:

You'd honestly think this was the best thing ever but no yet again it's just pages & pages of the usual suspects having a moan. Think i'm done here tbh

For context, what do you mean?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 98 of 104

@rbz5416 to be fair to the new guys, they're going all-out to be as useful as possible.  I've been speaking to them directly, and they're doing their best to learn all the new stuff as quick as possible.  They're limited in what they can actually DO (they don't have all the technical expertise I have to dive into systems and logs), but they're doing their best to understand the problems better - the more they learn, the less they'll need to say "give us a call" ... though that will still be the final result when it's not possible to diagnose/fix the problem on the forums.

They're also more connected than they've ever been - they're able to reach out to different parts of the business to directly ask for help or raise issues, rather than having to go through too many processes and raising faults into busy queues.

Things ARE getting better, and are going to get even better still when the new ordering system is fully operational.  Everything possible is being put into "New EE", with many thousands of people working to make it the best it can be ...

... it's just taking a while, which frustrates as much as (if not more than) you.

(and yes, I'm definitely leaving in 15 days, but currently trying to find a way to be allowed to continue to help out in my spare time. Getting access to systems without being a paid employee is proving difficult - I don't think anyone has offered to do it for free before 😂)

Message 99 of 104

@DarrenDev 

I'm sure they're doing their best with what they have available to them. But the Enniskillen closure was announced back in May, so plenty of time to get them up to speed with the most common issues. To continue to see the almost daily posts about failed DV migrations, with the same tales of multiple calls to BT with no resolution is baffling. Again not necessarily the fault of the call handlers who obviously haven't been properly trained either.

It's testament to the Enniskillen guys that there were woken daily by Sonny & Cher, & proceeded to address the same old problems over & over again.

Maybe you should seek an audience with Alison Kirkby? I'm sure you're notion of working for free would be widely embraced as a future model for the group!

Wish you well in the next venture. 🤞

0 Ratings
Message 100 of 104

@Brucemeister5wrote:

Reply, hit the three dots at the end of the editing options, which will make a Paragraph option appear. Then hit the squared-off ‘99’ quote symbol on the paragraph line.

The circular ‘66’ quote symbol at the end of the original editing options icon list, which you might well think provides this function, doesn’t 😢

Though I am doing this on an iPad, and EETV seems to have an unprofitable relationship with Safari, one of the world’s most widely used browsers.

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings