cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 91 of 108

Re: EETV Not working With New Asus Router RT-BE88Uay

Go to solution

Good luck @djayyy ......itll be with you in a couple hours, I'm on the edge of my seat 🙂

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 92 of 108

Go to solution

😂Me too, it's exciting! I'm currently using the EEBT Router at the minute and suffering the WIFI.

Will let you know how I get on!

Thanks again.

0 Ratings
Message 93 of 108

Go to solution

@naylor2006 router box connected, internet is up and running but the iptv box cannot connect to the internet. Says broadband connection not available. I’ll take a look at the gui and see if I can see what’s going on. The iptv box is trying to get the correct IP on the 85 address but won’t connect. 

0 Ratings
Message 94 of 108

Go to solution

Has it grabbed an IP yeah? 192.168.85.10 for example?

I wonder if its DNS, I had the change this as I use my own server.....

Assume you factory reset the EETV box yeah?

You could visit services in the GUI and then change the DNS server in the IPTV DHCP server to 192.168.85.1

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 95 of 108

Go to solution

Yes it has. 

0 Ratings
Message 96 of 108

Go to solution

Have you got a laptop there?

I think it might be DNS.

Can you connect a laptop to the eth4 port?

0 Ratings
Message 97 of 108

Go to solution

@djayyy Sorry dude I made an oversight, ive been using my own DNS server for a while now so when I set the ones back to default in your router I didnt get it right.

Im just testing a fix for you, stand by.

In the short term if you want internet on eth4 please visit the https://192.168.84.1 and log in

Visit the services tab and the the IPTV DHCP server, click actions then details, change DNS 1 to 1.1.1.1 and save.

This will give internet access to eth4.

In the meantime I am just testing some DNS forwarding that will work.

0 Ratings
Message 98 of 108

Go to solution

I made a mistake, sorry.

Indeed I forgot to setup DNS forwarding because with my setup I dont need it as I run my own DNS server....

I send you a PM with a screenshot on how to do that.

That will solve the DNS issue, please then factory reset the IPTV box for hopefully one last time.

0 Ratings
Message 99 of 108

Go to solution

It works!!!! Subscription channels work as well! It is definitely working this time and without serials connected!! 

0 Ratings
Message 100 of 108

Go to solution

DEEEEEECCCCCEEEEEERRRRRRNNNNNNT

Personally I think its an IGMP proxy issue generally with the Unifi Gateway.

From what I have read over at Ubiquiti forums is that on the Unifi Gateway stuff you are likely to require to setup a VLAN for the IPTV, and then setup an IGMP Proxy in the same way I have done for the ER-X.....but you cant drop into the CLI and issue the same commands, what I have seen people doing is creating a json containing the parameters which is sideloaded into the Gateway and lives as part of its config.

It looks to me that the way to set it up is infact exactly the same for the ER-X and Unifi Gateway its just the methods are different, in fact I'm not actually sure how to execute the same on the Gateway, IE isolate a port or use a VLAN then setup the corresponding IGMP Proxy.

Its up to you what you want to do now, keep the powerful ER-X, install the Unifi Controller software on a PC and re-configure the AP to use the ER-X as its friend, or buy a Unifi Controller like the Cloud Key, it is also possible to configure an AP on its own without and controller, youll find guides on that. I think you should be able to just chuck the switch you have into eth 1,2,3 now and then power the AP off that, itll likely be setup via DHCP so itll just pickup the new IP from the ER-X and actually will just work I think.....

You will need to leave the Unifi Gateway out of the mix now, there isnt any point having it in.

With regards to the EETV Mini boxes....these most likely will need to be wired into eth4 also, of course there is only one eth4 and this is already used so as far as I know a cheap switch will solve that, I dont think it needs to be an IGMP supporting specific one as the only things connected there will be IPTV boxes.