cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 61 of 108

Re: EETV Not working With New Asus Router RT-BE88U

Go to solution

Yeah I dont use snooping, just a proxy, but my proxy isolates the traffic from the WAN to one singular internal interface and that interface connects directly to the BT Box. That is why I created a totally separate LAN for the IPTV box, I can then plug a switch into that interface also if I want to connect more boxes, but I dont yet, sure it consumes one port on my router but thats fine I have 5 in total.

I havent use the Unifi Gateways but as far as Im aware they should just work with a simple couple clicks, no need to enter the CLI, and of course you can just do it all from the Controller as well if you like. I like the idea of getting a Unifi gateway but my ER-X is rock solid and everything works great.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 62 of 108

Go to solution

@naylor2006 

Ok, maybe I am jinxed. I enabled all Multicast and IGMP settings I can fiind and still the dreaded IPC6023!

See screenshots, sorry if any are duplicated. I'll search the Ubiquiti forums for any info but at a quick first glance I didn't find anything I hadn't already tried. 

IGMP.PNGigmp2.PNGIGMP3.PNGIPTV Streaming.PNG

0 Ratings
Message 63 of 108

Go to solution

I think its time to post the same images over on the Unifi forums mate.

Main | Ubiquiti Community

Link us to the post.

Stick with wired also for now, its going to be important to get that to work first.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 64 of 108

Go to solution

@djayyy 

What's this line about? I've never seen anyone use 192.168.1.255!

TimCurtis_0-1722243127633.png

And you've defaulted alot of the settings , maybe they should be set to something else.

If you've now tried 2 different systems that should work ok but don't I'm inclined to think it's not a hardware issue but something in your setup.

Message 65 of 108

Go to solution

@TimCurtis I'm inclined to agree. Could it be the ISP somehow?

I don't have anything out of the ordinary connected.

ONT-Gateway-U7AP-Apple TV-Blink Cameras-EETV BOX

0 Ratings
Message 66 of 108

Go to solution

@TimCurtis 

It’s a (the?) broadcast address:-

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-use-of-broadcast-IP-eq-192-168-1-255-address-in-networking

Depending on considerations way above my level of expertise, I’d say it’s either exactly right, or it’s exactly wrong 😛

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber, but with a few issues still to be ironed out ***
0 Ratings
Message 67 of 108

Go to solution

I think the headings are just missing.

Gateway IP

Broadcast IP

Then next to that you have the DHCP range and usable IP's, thats how it appears on my app also.

0 Ratings
Message 68 of 108

Go to solution

@TimCurtis It's the broadcast IP, defaults to this. broadcast ip.PNG

0 Ratings
Message 69 of 108

Go to solution

I doubt very much its the ISP.

Post over on the Ubiquiti forums.

0 Ratings
Message 70 of 108

Go to solution

@djayyy 

When you originally set up the BT/EE TV box did you set the network settings for it manually or set it to use DHCP and was the initial set up done with the BT router?