cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 32

Re: EETV

@welshgit  You asked earlier about Discovery+  

this is what Youview announced

WHEN WILL DISCOVERY+ BE AVAILABLE FOR BT TV CUSTOMERS?

discovery+ is launching in phases. It first became available to BT customers with BT TV Box Pro and Mini* on 1st August 2023.  

Later, this year, it will be made accessible on earlier generation BT boxes, expanding its reach to a broader audience.

*You may not immediately see the app, as the update is a phased rollout. Initially, it will be accessible on the following device models: RTIW387 and DIW3930. It will later be made available on compatible Humax boxes.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 32

After the rebrand what is happening to the BT TV app? Will that also be a simple rebrand/reskin retaining current functionality?
0 Ratings
Message 23 of 32

My guess would be 100% that. 

Apart from the apple tv app and apple app getting added to the ee pro box i dont see any changes happening unfortunately

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 32

Wrt BT TV  app , it is also I believe used on mobile devices by the wider Youview device  owners to set remote recordings on their YouView boxes following the withdrawal of YouView own app. 

YouView support still says

By the end of March 2020, the BT TV app will be available to all* YouView users to be able to set recordings remotely. This app can be found in the app store.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 32

The BT TV app will rebrand to the EE TV app on December 6th, as already stated in the emails that have been sent out. No change to functionality, and it'll remain open for all YouView customers as it has been for a few years.
As the EE TV app is my full time job (now that BT Sport has ended), I'm pushing hard to improve it in every way I can. Let's see what 2024 brings.

Message 26 of 32

Do you think the eetv app will ever allow the watching of tv across all the channels like sky go / virgin tv go ???

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 32

@DarrenDev The setting of radio recordings remotely via the BTTV app has been unreliable for quite some time now on our Pro box. It appears to have accepted the request and then suddenly disappears  before the programme is broadcast.

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 32

I don't personally believe we'll ever get permission to add those channels to our app. If anything, I think it's more likely that the other apps will lose their rights as more and more channels force their own apps to be used instead. Just personal opinion though - not based on any knowledge of future events.

As for radio recordings - check the History tab under My TV / Recordings. It should tell you if the recording successfully made it to the box. If it did, then the Recordings list should show you why it failed.
0 Ratings
Message 29 of 32

@DarrenDevOne small improvement to the app that would would be a big help would be to timestamp each available catch-up programme with the date of its first transmission. For example, when catching up with the rugby coverage it is not always obvious which games are from the current weekend and which are earlier without faffing around checking elsewhere.   The Discovery+ app does timestamp catch up coverage but watching using that has other issues I prefer to avoid - timeline markers and ad breaks that have to be skipped over.

It would also help if each catch up programme was marked as having already been played, if possible on any device linked to the user such as Youview box, mobile or Chromecast dongle. BBC iPlayer and other catch up services do that.

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 32

You should find that watched items are already marked with a progress bar, indicating how much of it you'd watched in the BT TV app. This is synchronised with other devices, including BT Player on the BT TV box. I don't think it can be synchronised at the YouView layer though, so if you search or view My TV from the YouView screens, I don't think it will update unless watched directly on the box.

As for date of first transmission - I'll see if that information is present in the data we receive. If it is, I'll get it displayed in the app.