cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Expected behaviour when watching a program still recording?

Twice I've been caught out now and I wonder if I'm doing something wrong or its out of my hands.

I find it tricky to watch the 5 Oclock Kick Offs so I have been recording them, twice when managing to avoid the England scores, alerts, friends, neighbours celebrating (not very often of course)....when I have turned on the EETV Pro and chosen the recorded game the damn thing doesnt start from the beginning, it starts from where it currently is live.

To elaborate, I think this only happens if the recording is still taking place but i'm not sure. Last night I avoided all England alerts, updates etc, came down after putting my daughter to bed, grabbed a drink, feet up, turned on the box, went to My TV, located the England Game recording and hit go only for it to start from 'live' which was half time in extra time. Gutted.

Am I doing something wrong? I even made sure I changed the channel the day before to something else so that ITV wouldnt load up with the TV.

What is supposed to happen and how can I make sure I dont do this next sat when England are playing the Swiss at 5?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Expected behaviour when watching a program still recording?

I believe that the technical term for what you are attempting to do is ‘chase-playing’. I often do it on the MNF in particular. I’ve just tried it out on the BBC One o’clock news. When I went into MY TV and started to play the recording, it started from the beginning as expected, and did not give me the option of watching live. Are you sure that you weren’t going into GUIDE rather than MT TV, as that would show up as the programme being recorded on the channel, but would take you straight to the live action? Otherwise I’m baffled, as what you have described has never happened to me. 

Message 3 of 10

Yeah, 100%, after it went wrong for me during the last England 5 Oclock game was I super sure, I have a series link for it, I went into the series link, scrolled all the way from left to right to get to the latest recording, selected it and bang just loaded up to live 😕

This didnt happen when I watched the FA Cup game, United vs Liverpool, that was on ITV though and that had a huge unscheduled extra time. Twice it has happened with England games on ITV 😕

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

England v Switzerland will be on the BBC as they have 1st pick in the quarter finals. It’s not showing up on the EPG yet though. 

Message 5 of 10

Yeah I think in this case I will go to iPlayer app and just select watch from start, that is of course if the game is still available to watch from the start on the app. Kick off is at 5 so the program would still be running at 7 ish?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

You should be able to choose the ‘from the start’ option on there, and hopefully in HDR too.

Message 7 of 10

Yeah I don’t think you can view from the start in HDR, but I’ve indeed used the red button to watch all the BBC games in HDR, blooming lovely!

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Ah, yes, I think you’re correct about HDR not being available ‘from the start’. I wonder whether Wimbledon will prevent the football from being available in HDR on Saturday.

Message 9 of 10

I’ve just been chase-playing the France v Belgium match on itv as I had to pop out. It started from the beginning and it’s all fine. I will revert to watching live now from kick off.

Message 10 of 10

Basically 5-7 is children dinner and bedtime, my wife is chill but I just don’t shirk off very often during that time as it can be carnage.

I just tested it out….and it worked fine, which in a way annoys me more, I’ve just played it live now and pressed pause, hopefully the pause doesn’t time out 🙄

I wonder if because last night game recording bled into the following games schedule as they were both on the same channel, so when I pressed play it just started it just started from where the Spain game was scheduled to start from.

Not sure that explains the Denmark game though where the same thing happened 😞

Oh well hopefully I can enjoy France vs Belgium which should be good.

Thanks for following up dude, kudos.

0 Ratings