cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Extra box for multi room

Go to solution

I have just rang BT to ask how i upgrade to an Extra Box for Multi Room, and they tell me they are unable to offer me this option, but they do not know why. My present TV package is Big Sport, so is that the issue?, and i have also tried the link from the information page , and that just shows me Different Tv packages. All very confusing, so doe's anyone have the answer.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Extra box for multi room

Go to solution

The TV services are moving to EE and according to rumours multiroom options will be changing.

This could be imminent and that could be the reason and the staff are maybe keeping it quiet till it's launched 

Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Hmmm. I doubt that ... it's not *that* imminent. I'll confirm in the morning.
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

There  Would be a minimum broadband speed requirement 

What do I need to get Extra Box?

• Fibre broadband with speeds of 40Mbps or more

so @tractorman314  is your broadband speed fast enough ?

(I also have feeling that an even higher minimum speed may be demanded if you have the HD/4K addon)

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

I have just gone onto Full Fibre 100 with BT Halo 3, and my guaranteed download speed is 100Mbps, so i thought that should be ok. 

Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hey @tractorman314 ,

The multi-room proposition we offer customers on packages such as Big Sport is £10pm and supplies the IP Mini Box. (Our latest box)

There is a prerequisite however, to see this offer in the sales journey you must have the TV Box Pro.

Currently for you, we are offering this box for free!

So if you give us another call, the sales advisor would click through the screens, add in the TV Box Pro for free, then they will see the multi-room offer for £10pm also providing you the IP Mini Box.

The reason why it is like this, is so that we get customers on the latest and greatest hardware properly aligning and providing the best experience.