cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 37

Re: First details on EE TV starting to emerge

Go to solution

@zulu17   When I had Sky that was how things were done. 

eg. anyone with an old sd sub would get eurosport 1 on channel 410, but if you had the hd package of channels eurosport would also appear on your 'hd dedicated' epg as also being on channel 410 (ie. a 'hd swap').

Is it possible BT boxes can handle the same? It's been a long time since I've had my BT Pro plugged in as I now use apps for all my BT / NOW viewing so I'm unsure if it's possible or not.

Additional information for List of channels on Sky (UK and Ireland) – TVCL – TV Channel Lists

Message 32 of 37

Go to solution

Well there has been no mention  of any change to Eurosport linear channels at this time so  inaccurate reporting is far more likely.

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 37

Go to solution

Well, we shall soon find out, but seeing as they have already announced Eurosport is closing at a later date and content moving into TNT, swapping TNT 1 & 2 on the Sky EPG with the Eurosport channels makes sense to me.

When Eurosport closes they can then bump up TNT 3 & 4 to 413 & 414.

TNT Sports will present the live sports rights carried by BT Sport today, while Eurosport in the U.K & Ireland will continue to be available in the same way as it is today before being rolled into the new brand at some time in the future.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 34 of 37

Go to solution

BT Sport  as a brand for linear channels only covered UK and Ireland. Eurosport linear channels exist in many countries over  several continents so rebranding them would  be a  more complex operation. Whether WBD will  bother to rebrand Eurosport UK  linear channels alone or ahead of the rest of the world is questionable ? 
Certainly the current BT Youview EPG  channel numbering and layout  could do with an overhaul. 

Message 35 of 37

Go to solution

@zulu17wrote:

Whether WBD will  bother to rebrand Eurosport UK  linear channels alone or ahead of the rest of the world is questionable ? 

I’m really not sure how it can be “questionable” when it is WBD saying in their own press releases that Eurosport will be available in the U.K. and Ireland for a while, “before being rolled into the new brand at some time in the future”?

TNT Sports is the joint venture brand in the U.K. and Ireland, neither BT Sport or Eurosport will continue to exist in this market, they just have different closure dates. 

————————————————————-
Message 36 of 37

Go to solution

There is a rebrand date  announced for BT Sport . There is no rebrand date for Eurosport  UK   linear channels announced.

0 Ratings
Message 37 of 37

Go to solution

I know, no one said there was? 🙄

Andrew Georgiou, president and managing director of WBD Sports Europe has already said Eurosport will rebrand at a later date, post 2024 Olympics probably but may take until 2026 as they have to manage the relationship with Sky and VM who include the current channels in various packages.

But TNT Sports will be the only brand in the U.K. and Ireland once the process completes.

————————————————————-