cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Freely

https://rxtvinfo.com/2023/bbc-itv-c4-and-c5-announce-freely-streaming-tv-service/

bt going to be able to implement all Freeview channels via ip when this launches?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Freely

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

To answer that specific question - Freely is a totally separate service, that we knew about when putting together our IP channel offering. There are only very loose comparisons between the 2 - just because channels may become available on Freely, it doesn't mean they will to us, and vice versa.
The delivery will be different for sure, and I expect the content rules will be significantly different too (e.g. I would be very surprised if you'll be able to skip the ad breaks on Freely). Time will tell.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

As I understand it Freely will not cater for recording programmes which in my view means it is lacking compared to the BT Youview IP channel offering. Neither is it clear if it will be made available on a Firestick or Chromecast dongle so owners of older TV sets will not be catered for. I am in the camp that this is another blank shot in the battle to have one "thing" to rule them all.