cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Green screen of death

I have a DTR-T4000 YouView box which is currently running v32.143.0. Every day for the past week, irrespective of which service (i.e., NOW, Netflix, Prime and even iPlayer) I try to use, the stream starts and the screen immediately goes green. And every day, I have to switch the box off/on to 'reset' it. I've followed the reset procedure to keep my recordings but this has made no difference. I've also checked to make sure the apps are up to date (and they are).

Any ideas how I can fix this without losing my recordings?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Green screen of death

Hi @mispeltyuoth, sorry that you're having a problem with your BT TV box.

It sounds like it may be necessary to watch your recordings and then try a Factory Reset to see if that fixes the fault. 

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

@mispeltyuoth 

I have seen green screens when there's an issue with the HDMI connection, worth checking another HDMI port on the TV or another HDMI cable perhaps. Would be nice if it was as simple as that.

Message 4 of 7

Hi @JohnC2 

That was the conclusion I came to as well so am watching a couple of films each evening.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

@TimCurtis 

Having checked another forum I have tried changing HDMI connections and a couple of different leads - including a brand new one - but, at the moment, I'm still getting the green SoD.

I'll try the factory reset and if no improvement will report back.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

I had my usual Purple Screen this morning. Trying to  get the box to work power off, power on etc.It fired and showed a Green screen.

I have lost patience with theses BT pro boxes. They are not fit for purpose and BT should replace them 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

The green SoD and purple screen are, as far as I can tell, are two different issues although, I suspect, both are caused by HDMI issues. I've (mostly) fixed the green SoD with a new HDMI cable and, if I have to move the TV or box for any reason I always check to make sure the cable's plugged in and seated correctly. You can buy HDMI cable locks but they seem stupidly expensive for what they are.

0 Ratings