cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: Have the following issues with Youview box from B T.

It must be wired directly to an Ethernet port on the BT Home Hub, which must have an active BT Broadband connection.

I  cannot remember whether there is a light on the Ethernet port of the YouView box, to indicate activity, but you could always log into the home hub manager, and see if it shows the port as active, and whether data is being passed.

It may take a few auto restarts to establish a connection to the server.

Really, you would be better asking on the public YouView forum. There are experts that post on that forum.

https://community.youview.com/youview/

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 15

Hello Keith

thanks for getting back to me can boot the box into  maintenance mode but the screen does not come up so I can select an option should I leave the box switch over night to see if it will connect to the server an should I plug the cable in to the back of the router ?
can you let me know.

thanks

Matthew
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 15

Sorry, I do not know the best way, but others have managed to change the hard disk/

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 15

@MATTHEWATLANT0S 

I'm guessing that the HDD should have NO volume created on and must be totally virgin. So no volume, no partition & not formatted.

If it's not in that state then try to get it back to that state.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 15

Hello Tim Curtis

I am happy to tell you that the issue is now fixed, I connected Youview tech support and they told me to format the hard drive and I formatted the hard drive and it worked the setup came up on the screen.

Thanks for your help

Thanks 

Matthew
0 Ratings